This Job Listing is about Wincanton in UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Wincanton is looking for a Strategy Manager to lead various activities across the entire strategy remit: strategy planning, strategy communication and strategy execution.
Location: flexible. Remote working can be supported with travel required.
Salary: competitive with car/allowance plus bonus and benefits.
Who We Are
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As one of the largest British logistics companies, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With approx. 20,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a fleet of approx. 5,000 vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
You will have the opportunity to help shape the processes of the only recently instituted strategy department at Wincanton. Amongst others, you will be responsible for the following;
- Driving annual strategy development with final presentation to the PLC board, including market analysis, financial projections and narrative
- Overseeing multiple areas of analysis in preparation for the annual retreat and the strategy presentation as required
- Contribute suitable content and format to communicate key strategic direction at annual leadership conference
- Supervise relevant communication through various channels as needed and agreed
- Manage team of analysts to support follow-up on strategic initiatives and projects for alignment and implementation throughout the year
- Lead or support selected strategic projects to drive restructuring progress, innovation, improvement or transformation objectives and/or medium-long term business growth including M&A
- Where required, establish a detailed integrated project plan for each stage of the project and track progress against that plan
Skills And Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent domestic or international qualification
- Previous strategy experience, previous experience developing business plans or similar
- Good understanding of financial statements
- Excellent analytical skills, proficient use of MS Excel
- Ability to prioritise under pressure a must
- Proven organisational, communication and/or project management skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills, proficient use of MS Powerpoint
- Ability to build successful, collaborative internal relationships with all levels of management
- Knowledge of the logistics industry and/or retail market desirable but not required
What We Offer
This is an exciting role that allows you to develop your career in strategy and that affords you the opportunity to make a difference for the strategy team and with the company. Remote working will be supported for this role, travel will be required. Compensation and benefits are competitive, including car or car allowance and bonus. We are committed to continuous coaching and training as appropriate.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.