Website University Hospital Southampton NHS FT
This Job Listing is about University Hospital Southampton NHS FT in Southampton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Detailed job description and main responsibilities Your Responsibilities What you’ll do
The Maternity Services provides Ward Environment Support Staff with a privileged opportunity to work on Labour Ward and the Antenatal / Postnatal Wards at the Princess Anne Hospital.
You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and welcoming environment throughout the maternity wards and helping to create a positive patient experience.
Your Main Duties Will Include
- Cleaning and making up birth rooms
- Cleaning and making up beds spaces on the wards
- Restocking birth rooms, clinical areas and emergency trolleys
- Transferring women between wards with our Porters
- Accompanying women to inpatient appointments
- Ensuring women receive their hot meals as ordered, filling water jugs, making hot drinks etc
- Some clerical and administrative tasks to support the Ward Clerks
- Sign-posting women and visitors on the ward
- Ordering stores and reporting broken equipment
- Making appointments or assisting in the planning and delivery of clinics
This is not a complete list of duties and the job description is attached to this advert and should be studied carefully.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and flexible individuals who have a passion for supporting staff and women by providing a positive inpatient experience whilst using the Maternity Services. The successful candidate will need to display a passion for wanting to make the experience for women and their families a positive and memorable occasion and want to be proud to work as part of the wider maternity team. You will be an excellent communicator who demonstrates respect and sensitivity towards all service users.
Interviews will be held on Friday, 14th October 2022
A short information session on ‘A day in the life of a Ward Environment Support Staff at UHS’ will be held virtually on Zoom on Wednesday 05 October 2022. This is voluntary and is an opportunity to learn more about the role and ask any questions.
Should you wish to join the zoom session or have any queries, please contact Corenna Davis at [email protected]