Website University Hospital Southampton NHS FT
This Job Listing is about University Hospital Southampton NHS FT in Southampton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Detailed job description and main responsibilities WHAT YOU’LL DO
The main purpose of this role is to work closely with the medical team and facilitate administrative tasks in the ward environment. This includes ensuring all patient information is up to date and transcribed appropriately on the doctor’s work list, and to pre-populate the e-discharge summaries.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES
- To capture and transcribe all patients past medical history from current and previous admission episodes to the Doctors Worklist (DWL) and create the initial e-Discharge summary process for each patient for completion by the medical team.
- Ensure that the necessary screening tools and risk assessments are completed and that this information is populated to the DWL and e-Discharge summary for each episode of care in a timely manner
- To build strong working relationships with the multi professional teams in the division.
- Build on and maintain medical terminology and abbreviation knowledge.
- Work effectively with the ward team to ensure efficient ward rounds
- To process confidential patient sensitive documentation meticulously
Provide basic administrative support to the multi professional team working in Cancer Care, including, but not limited to, answering the phones, taking messages, maintain records, update ADT data and assist patients/visitors with queries
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a competent, self-motivated and professional individual. A s a flexible team player you will have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to work accurately to tight deadlines. NHS experience is desirable but not essential.
You will need to have excellent attention to detail, ideally some medical terminology knowledge experience and experience in a busy demanding medical environment. You will need to be able to communicate with staff at all levels to ensure information and data quality meets their needs.
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.