This Job Listing is about Uniper in Nottingham,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
At Ratcliffe, we play a key role in the transition to a low carbon future, generating electricity when there is insufficient renewable power and providing security of supply to the UK. Ratcliffe is the UK’s cleanest ever coal fired power station, fitted with SCR de-NOx technology and Flue Gas Desulphurisation. We have opportunities within the Operations Team at Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station for experienced operations staff, with posts ranging from main and common plant Assistant Unit Operators, Unit Operators, Senior Authorised Persons and Control Engineers. This is a tremendous opportunity to be part of one of the biggest generating assets operating in the UK, offering development and experience on a massive scale. So, if you have Operations experience and you’re looking for a new challenge then we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for people who can bring a flexible, enthusiastic approach, are highly self-motivated, conscientious and can demonstrate ownership of issues through to the implementation of solutions.
- You will quickly combine your existing knowledge of power plant operations with our local site practices to undertake key roles within our shift teams.
- It is anticipated that you will have completed your local site training and be in fully in post within 6-12 months, dependent upon role.
- You will be responsible for working as a key member of the production team in the delivery of safe and efficient operation and the provision for maintenance of 500MW coal fired units.
- You will work as part of a shift team:
- In supporting the Operation and maintenance of 500MW unit, efficiently and within environmental and plant limits.
- Utilising knowledge and experience to take actions as required to deal with safety, environmental and plant emergencies or abnormal conditions.
- Assisting in analysing and solving operational problems.
- Highlighting plant shortcomings via appropriate communication channels.
- Ensuring that unit statutory plant testing is completed and recorded.
- Maintaining and enhancing safety within areas of control and actively promote good safety management within the team.
- Previous experience within a power station operations team is essential.
- Where appropriate for the role, appointed as Authorised or Senior Authorised Person.
- An extensive understanding of Power Station processes and operations.
- An extensive understanding and experience in delivery of health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Possess excellent communication skills and performance management skills that effectively motivate, coach and guide the team members and colleagues.
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationships with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and analyse situations by isolating key issues, evaluating relevant data and drawing appropriate conclusions.
- A qualification (appropriate process/engineering discipline) equivalent to ONC/NVQ level 2/3.
- Power Plant Operator training Mod 1 – 4 or equivalent.
- Experience of Soft Desk or DCS human machine interfaces.
- Hold IOSH working / managing safely or NEBOSH general certificate.
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced company pension – Upto 12% company contribution
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Performance related benefits
- Wide range of flexible benefits such as Holiday purchase, Dental & Cycle to Work scheme
- Job related personal development
- Future career opportunities (UK & International) – It’s not just about the short term, we are committed to your long term future at Uniper!
Should you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact [email protected] (UK Talent Acquisition Manager)
All applications should be completed via our online careers page, any CVs sent via email will not be taken into consideration.