Website UK Ministry of Defence
This Job Listing is about UK Ministry of Defence in Havant, England, United Kingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
We are looking for a number of Capability Safety or Engineering professionals for the newly crafted roles. These exciting opportunities are not your typical Health & Safety jobs! These strategically critical roles will provide support to the Safety Delivery Teams element of this newly established group and supply the Head of the group with second party assurance of work it conducts in support of Army capability safety matters.
We expect you to be accountable to the Safety Manager of the Safety Delivery Team for the delivery of its objectives, initially supporting the establishment of the CSG structures and ensuring Safety activity critical to the development and operation of Army capability is conducted. We would like you to possess good partner relationship and customer leadership skills; be personable, proactive and professional with the ability to be a champion for Safety and possess a respectful ability to influence others, playing a visible and active role, not only within the Army HQ, but more widely across the Army as their time allows.
As a member of the Capability Safety Team your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the day-to-day matrix management of 1 person.
- Lead and own the review of Army Capability Safety Arguments prior to acceptance.
- Act as the focal point for all Safety related issues relating to the Safety Delivery teams Capability portfolio, including Safety Notices via Email, actions from Defence Accident Investigation Branch reports and any other source of safety action, ensuring that areas of concern are appropriately highlighted and managed.
- Ensure, as far as possible, that safety decisions are informed by the appropriate level of competence, to include input from the user and maintainer community.
- Attend Safety & Environmental Panels where the severity of risk identifies a specific issue.
- Conduct assurance of Army capability associated to the Safety Delivery Team’s portfolio, ensuring legislative, regulatory and policy compliance of Capability Safety management.
- Supervise the development of capability ‘safe to operate’ and ‘safely operated’ safety claims.
- Contribute to Support Agency owned Risk Registers and Hazard Logs for all sponsored Capability.
- Supervise the transfer of the Army’s capability safety risk and the transfer of the Army’s capability safety risk associated to the Safety Delivery Teams capability portfolio.
Essential Skills And Experience
A safety delivery and assurance professional with experience in large scale and sophisticated organisations. Experience of supporting senior level decisions, working within or alongside a series of safety regulators including the Health and Safety Executive.
Experience working in Project Orientated Environmental and Safety Management Systems.
||Havant, England, United Kingdom