Website Cadent Gas Limited
This Job Listing is about Cadent Gas Limited in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Trainee Gas Engineer
Salary: £22,951 – £26,631 rising to £25,359 to £29,039 when fully trained
PLUS overtime, standby payments & monthly incentive bonus
As a trainee repair Support Engineer, you will be offered a varied and extremely rewarding work environment where you’ll have plenty of opportunities to earn a fantastic salary and develop yourself all this plus using your skills to help us shape the future ‘green’ in the gas industry. We are focused on developing talent and investing in our people.
There is a wealth of opportunities for you to continuously develop yourself and your career if you want it and you will be supported with training. You’ll get your van, state of the art tablet and Smart phone from day one.
We offer a Starting salary (while training) of between £22,951 – £26,631 rising to between £25,359 to £29,039 dependant on base location (inclusive of London Weighting) once Fully Accredited (approx. 6 months) plus Uncapped additional earning potential and fantastic benefits!
Once fully competent in your role we will continue to enhance your technical skills by offering ongoing training to ensure you develop the future capability needed to continue to deliver relevant solutions for our customers, some experience of working within the Gas industry would be great, however, is not essential at all!
About The Role
Working as part of a team and assisting the Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for attending gas escapes and carrying out appropriate repairs. You’ll need to have exceptional customer service skills, be extremely enthusiastic and have the ability to promote safe working practice, whilst driving efficiency and maintaining compliant ways of working.
Your Day To Day Duties Will Include
- Assisting the Team Leader
- Attending gas leaks
- Excavations and reinstatements
- Utilising appropriate signing, lighting and guarding
- Ensuring cable avoidance
- Delivering equipment and tools where required
- Patrol and plant protection
- Working on deep excavations up to 2.5m
- Working on a standby rota system
In brief as a support engineer with us you can look forward to the following:
- Guaranteed basic monthly pay
- Supplied, fully costed van (work use only)
- Full PPE supplied allowing you to work safely in customers’ homes
- Local team & Managerial support with regular updates & Safety briefings
- Additional standard benefits, such as pension, healthcare & Employee benefits.
- Ongoing training and development to help develop your future.
To carry out this role you must have a full valid drivers licence and be able to be clean shaven every day for health and safety.
A Little About Us
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! One thing we know for sure – this last year has shown us that when we combine our brand with the talent of Cadent employees, we create something special. We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping/creating a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
For Being At Your Best We Offer
We offer a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle and support your wellbeing. These include:
- 25 days holiday, statutory days, option to buy too + 8 bank holidays
- Competitive salary with fantastic career prospects
- Pension Scheme – double match up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Flex Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurances and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Support with financial wellbeing
- Access to our Occupational Health Services
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
04-Nov-2022, 10:19:15 AM
Company: Cadent Gas Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A