Website The Wine Society (The International Exhibition Co-operative Wine Society Limited)
This listing is about The Wine Society The International Exhibition Cooperative Wine Society Limited in Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Who we are?
The Wine Society is the world’s oldest member-owned community of wine lovers, with more than 170,000 members and an award-winning range of some 1,400 wines. Since 1874 we’ve been doing business differently, putting our members before profit to ensure fairer bottle prices for both the people that enjoy them, and for those who make them. Because we don’t need to keep external shareholders happy, we’re able to put profits back into lower prices and services, so our members get exceptional quality in every bottle they buy.
Who you are?
Based within our Marketing team and reporting directly to the Head of CRM and Digital Marketing, responsibilities will include:
- Producing and executing all BAU email campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, short copywriting, asset coordination, QA, and scheduling
- Continuous improvement of our email templates to deliver more traffic and ensure email deliverability is optimal
- Inputting into our email strategy and our vision for email at The Wine Society
- Clearly defining design and copy needs to optimise email creative and template structure based on best practices
- Contributing to the email forward plan and our development and testing roadmap
- Devising and executing A/B tests, collaborating on the testing calendar, recording results, and advising on improvements. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, customer cohorts, and segments, send time, and new features intended to drive performance lift
- Performing render testing across devices, email clients, and ISPs to ensure that emails are rendering correctly. Ensuring quality assurance for emails across all device types
- Working with the email team to ensure that segmentation is optimal – supporting with some segmentation will be required
What you will need
· Graduate-level education in Marketing or relevant field
· Strong experience of managing email marketing campaigns, ideally gained in an online retail environment
· Proven work experience in growing, engaging with, and analysing the performance of a large email marketing database
· Confident with data and an understanding of campaign analytics, allowing confident management and challenge of analytics and financials
· Strong hands-on experience with HTML & CSS for responsive email design with the ability to build email marketing campaigns from scratch
· Proficiency in marketing personalisation and automation technology. Experience of Alterian specifically would be an advantage but not essential
· Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance
· Strong project management and organisational skills, and an ability to work under tight deadlines
What we’ll offer you
As a Part of our Team, you will be entitled to a range of great Benefits, some of which include:
- New Generation Pension Plan with an employee contribution of up to 8% for those under 5 years’ service increasing to up to 11% for those with more than 5 years’ service (dependant on member contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance through Bupa – ‘free’ to employees (it is a taxable benefit)
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- Holiday starting at 23 days rising to 30 days per annum
- 20% discount (on most wines) immediately upon joining
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Free On-Site Parking
How to Apply
Please submit a comprehensive CV, detailing your most significant achievements, together with a covering letter that addresses the criteria in the candidate profile. You should also include details of your current salary package and notice period.
As part of any recruitment process, the Wine Society collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For full details, please see our Job applicant privacy notice that can be found on our website on the page entitled “Jobs at The Society”. If you would prefer to receive the document in an alternative format, please contact the Human Resources team who will arrange this for you.
Applications should be emailed to Andrea Harkness at: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 12 noon 4th February 2022
Please do let us know in your application if there are any dates you will be unavailable for interview.
Company: The Wine Society (The International Exhibition Co-operative Wine Society Limited)
Job Location: Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A