Website The Oakland Group
This Job Listing is about The Oakland Group in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
The Oakland Group is a fast growing, modern consulting company who operate at the intersection of people, process and technology. As data specialists, we work across the full data ecosystem including: Strategy & Governance, Architecture, Engineering and Advanced Analytics.
We’re on a mission to create the best data consultancy in the UK, where our brilliant people can create the ingenious solutions that are powering our growth.
Founded in 1986 out of our Leeds HQ, we work with a wonderful range of clients ranging from FTSE 100 Telcos to Series-A funded start-ups, regularly punching above our weight due to our obsession with quality and client satisfaction.
Oakland has been named one of the Top Small Businesses and Top Consultancies to work for in the UK. We’re committed to ensuring our employees are given opportunities to grow both personally and professionally and are rewarded for their incredible work.
Our obsession with quality and client satisfaction had led to rapid growth in the last year and we work with some of the UK’s biggest and best-known brands along with a number of newer tech disruptors.
Due to exponential growth over the past 18 months, we have a number of opportunities across each of our talented and passionate teams. We’re still small enough for everyone’s voice to be heard whilst working with some of the worlds most recognised companies.
What does it mean to work at Oakland?
We’re problem solvers. At Oakland, our teams work with a range of clients, to help them solve complex operational problems with innovative data solutions.
We’re proudly tech agnostic. Our clients come to us with a range of challenges, non-two of which are the same. This means you’ll need to be adaptable with an appetite to learn, and in return you’ll gain exposure to a wide variety of tech stacks across Azure, AWS and GCP.
We’re collaborative. Our teams are made up of T-shaped individuals who are either fantastic generalists or specialists in one or more area. No one knows everything so we challenge our teams to share knowledge and ideas.
We’re always learning. As consultants, our clients look to us as experts, so we push our teams to be the best they can be through annual time allocated L&D plans, funded by Oakland throughout your career.
As a Business Analyst at Oakland, you’ll play a crucial role within our project Scrum teams. You’ll work closely with Oakland customers to gain a thorough understanding of their needs and work with Oakland Data teams to transform them in to innovative solutions.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who can gather business requirements and translate them into technical artefacts, providing the bridge between business and technical teams (internally and with the client).
Although our projects differ from client to client, they are all underpinned by data and analytics. As no one project is the same adaptability and a appetite to learn to learn is a must. Some of the projects you may work on include: Bespoke cloud based data platforms, Data Engineering, Data Strategy, Data Governance, Data Visualisation, Data Science and more.
As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for individuals who are excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients and who genuinely care about the end to end data space.
Our teams work closely with Oakland clients so experience working with business stakeholders is hugely advantageous.
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
We don’t expect you to have all of the below but here is a list of things we typically look for in a Business Analyst role.
- Be able to use a range of techniques to elicit functional and non-functional requirements from clients and translate into analytical outputs
- Experience during project discovery phases running client interviews and facilitating workshops
- Ability to analyse, review and build new business processes, mapping and documenting them accordingly
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) at all levels
- Ability to turn complex solutions into simple concepts
- Experience in producing clear and concise documentation to support the implementation of new processes
- Experience designing and delivering KPIs and data visualisations
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of basic data principles of data governance and data management (data acquisition, enterprise data catalogue, MDM, …)
- Experience in Agile working environments, although traditional BA experience will be also appreciated. Able to handle the full BA journey from workshops to requirements development and producing a backlog of user stories
- Experience working closely with the testing team, co-ordinating the UAT phase and assisting with testing activities
- Is able to focus on specific problem statements and use cases
- Have used MoSCoW and/or other requirement prioritisation techniques
- Someone who is excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients
- Experience supporting architects and engineers as solutions are delivered
What’s in it for you?
- Very competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Dedicated Training – L&D throughout your career through study time, support for qualifications and other initiatives.
- Company Wellness Scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Hybrid Working model from our Leeds HQ.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays which increases with time.
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Oakland is an equal opportunities employer, committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they fit the essential requirements of the job advertised.