Website The Huntsman Group
This listing is about The Huntsman Group in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We have an exciting opportunity for 4 x Infrastructure analysts to join our clients I.T Team based in Liverpool reporting into the IT Infrastructure Manager.
Priding themselves on an inclusive culture and always working hard to be an employer of choice.
Working in a professional but also relaxed environment they encourage personal development and support agile working.
Joining them is just the first step towards many more exciting opportunities in your career.
- Job Role Infrastructure Analyst X 4
- Hours 35 hours per week (08:00 to 18:00 (Mon-Friday) Happy to talk Flexible working options
- Department IT Operations – Infrastructure
Offering a wide range of benefits to all employees including:
Salary £40,000 – £48,000 DOE
- Medical cash plan
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle 2 work
- Holiday buy & sell
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Give as you earn
- Savings and protection
- Contributory group pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Life assurance (potential change to flexible)
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Mobile phones
- Discounted shopping portal
- Free tea & coffee
- Dress down Fridays
- Pay day drinks
- Pro bono two days charity leave
- Agile working
Introduction to the team
The Infrastructure Team are a dynamic team of IT Professionals based across Liverpool and Manchester and Singapore. The team are responsible for the delivery of technical projects, management and BAU upkeep of the firms infrastructure, applications and SQL (Managed by a dedicated SQL function).
Our team are currently working with some of the latest technologies in the market, including a Software Defined WAN, Software Defined Datacentre and migration of core applications to SAAS and IAAS platforms where suitable. You can guarantee no two days will be the same and the workload is varied.
We pride ourselves in the work we deliver and the team are friendly and dynamic, always willing to help others in understanding the systems and roadmap we have. With the broadening technology stack, we appreciate that expertise in all technologies isn’t possible but the role requires an enthusiastic and motivated professional who can develop and lead on any emerging workstreams.
As well as being a member of our Infrastructure team, you will also closely align with our solutions architect, project management office and service desk teams.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Manager – Infrastructure to develop and maintain the Operational Infrastructure / IT Systems Hill Dickinson offer across their UK and International Offices.
- To support and contribute to the organisation’s corporate goals and business objectives.
- Act as a point of escalation to Service Desk Analysts and support them in identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
- Embrace change defined by the Hill Dickinson IT Project Roadmap.
- Support the IT departmental policies for the organisation which includes all service delivery matters, technological matters, hardware and software procurement & IT services sourcing.
- Work in a collaborative way with all IT teams to support the implementation of the IT vision and strategy.
- Proactively contribute to knowledge transfer to the IT Service Desk to move repetitive and well documented tasks to this team.
- Create and maintain systems configuration documentation, including creating and maintaining test plans and recovery methods of all systems.
- Keep up-to-date on infrastructure and security trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm.
- A strong understanding of VMware management and maintenance.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Server technologies and associated services, including Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- A good level of networking knowledge, from a troubleshooting and routing perspective. Basic switch configuration knowledge would be desirable.
- An understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies, to achieve strong recovery point / recovery time objectives.
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Sites / Services and native replication technologies.
- Windows file services including DFSR.
- A strong understanding of applications, HA technologies and how we can make our applications highly available for BC / DR purposes. While an understanding of all internal applications isn’t essential, a strong level of knowledge in different applications and server back end configuration is essential.
- A good understanding of monitoring technologies including tools such as Solarwinds as well as SNMP and MIB sets to configure and fine tune service monitoring to correctly alert and give statistics on availability and performance.
- A good understanding of telephony and phone systems, including SIP trunking and routing.
- An understanding / reference in the use of change management / problem management.
- A strong understanding of technical workloads and an analytical focus on troubleshooting, time and task management.
- Office 365 – Exchange online / Skype Online / Teams / Intune
- Microsoft Single Sign on (Native Azure / SAML) and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Microsoft Azure
- VMWare VSAN
- Datacentre Technologies including power and cooling to achieve and efficient and green datacentre footprint.
- An interest in Cyber / Information security
- iManage10 / Cloud / Share
- Remote Desktop Services
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure and Barring Service. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
Please forward a full CV along with availability to interview/start and salary expectations for initial feedback and a confidential chat.
It is essential that your CV has a Mobile number and full Postcode, so that our systems can match you to live jobs!
At this time we can only consider applications from candidates that are already resident in the UK, with the necessary permission to accept permanent offers of employment.
Company: The Huntsman Group
Job Location: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org