Website The Huntsman Group
This listing is about The Huntsman Group in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to start their career in compliance in a top 40 law firm.
You will be at the forefront of the firm’s compliance and risk operations and will make a daily impact to the firms performance and ongoing success. You will be a key member of the Risk & Compliance Department working with colleagues whom specialise in regulatory compliance, audit, data protection, supply chain, quality management and much more.
If you’re looking for a route into a regulatory, audit or compliance role and have a strong work ethic and can adapt to new challenges we want to hear from you.
Introduction To The Team
Our clients Risk & Compliance Team is a highly influential and important control structure within the firm. The teams responsibilities include Data Protection, Internal & External Audits, File Monitoring/QA Reviews, Risk Management, Supplier Management, Business Continuity, Training, Bids/Tender responses, Incident Management and Regulatory Compliance.
- Review matter/client files against a set of risk, compliance and quality criteria and report findings/feedback to our Solicitors on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for the early stage investigations resulting from an incident, complaint or nonconformity and work with senior members of the team to resolve and close the matter
- Be the guardian of the data held within a range of key compliance and regulatory registers both internal/external to ensure ongoing compliance and accuracy.
- You will provide regular reports on the performance of the firms file monitoring programme detailing risks, trends, improvement opportunities and noncompliance.
- Manage the creation of all Risk & Compliance Team reporting many of which are discussed at Board level.
- Be the guardian of the firms Monitoring Schedule which covers all operational teams whom contribute towards the effectiveness of our Central Management System
- Monitor inbox traffic for confidentiality and security breaches – reporting incidents to the data protection office or IT Security Lead.
- Maintain the firms Information Security Risk Register and Executive Risk Register for accuracy, trend analysis and continual improvement.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrate effective time management, prioritisation and SLA delivery
- Build strong and effective business relationships with internal colleagues
- Solid presentation skills
- Report production which can be tailored dependent on audience
- Legal knowledge or experience working within a law firm
- Worked in a Risk & Compliance function (any industry)
- Understanding of the Solicitors Code of Conduct, Data Protection Act, ISO 9001/27001
- Risk Management or Quality Management frameworks.
Please forward a full CV along with availability to interview/start and salary expectations for initial feedback and a confidential chat.
It is essential that your CV has a Mobile number and full Postcode, so that our systems can match you to live jobs!
At this time we can only consider applications from candidates that are already resident in the UK, with the necessary permission to accept permanent offers of employment.
Company: The Huntsman Group
Job Location: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A