Website The Coders Guild
This Job Listing is about The Coders Guild in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
The Coders Guild is a leading provider of inclusive digital skills training and tech education, championing equality and diversity in the tech world.
Industry led, community driven
We deliver bespoke training programmes, based on ever-evolving, industry-led research and feedback. We’re driving growth and success for the digital sector creating a brighter future for the people and businesses that are a part of it.
We’re on a mission to unlock the full potential of the tech industry, by making high quality digital skills training and tech education equally available to every person and every business.
Delivering a forward-thinking, industry-led curriculum means we’re training people in the future of digital skills. Our trainers and and businesses are leading the digital industry into the future, today. The Coders Guild is committed to empowering people to achieve their full potential.
PT / FT Remote £27-30k pro rata (multiple positions)
The position reports to our Apprenticeship and Training Lead and is a really unique opportunity to make a change for good by improving the quality of skills in the Tech sector.
Two positions are available, we are open to full or part time working as well as job share.
We are looking to recruit a selection of Industry competent professionals, particularly in Software Development and Software Testing, but also interested in applications from those with experience in UX, Accessibility, Cyber Security, Agile, and Digital Project Management, who are interested in training the next generation of digital talent.
If you are looking for your first step into training and coaching or if you already have some experience in the field, we would love to hear from you.
The successful applicant will commence this role by working from home. We are based in Leeds but are also open to someone working fully remote. Occasional trips to our Leeds office and to employer premises will likely be required. There may be occasional evening and weekend work.
You will be the first point of contact for our Apprenticeship learners and will guide and coach them through their programme.
This will include:
- Caring for a caseload of learners
- Conducting initial assessments
- Regular 1:1s with learners
- Assessing work submitted
- Feeding back on assessments
- Offering Advice and Guidance
- General Learner Care
- Facilitating additional qualifications with other trainers (Functional Skills etc)
- Attending and implementing standardisation and quality enhancements
- Managing evidence on e-portfolio systems
- Working towards CAVA qual (if necessary)
- Committing to safeguarding processes and training
- Awareness of personal data security and be committed to quality and quality
- Attend meetings as requested
Through regular reviews we will equip you with the skills needed to develop into your role as a Coach/Assessor and we will fund qualifications if you do not currently hold the required qualifications.
You will receive training in essential training skills and our methodology as well as
mandatory knowledge on learner care such as data protection, Equality & Diversity,
Safeguarding and Prevent.
The Coders Guild is committed to empowering people to achieve their full potential. We believe that CVs only tell us what you have done and not what you are capable of; so whilst we welcome CV’s, we would love to hear about any of the following either on your CV or in your application.
We are looking for Coaches and Assessors who have (or have had) industry experience and can guide and mentor our learners as they begin their journey in tech.
Ideally, you will have some experience coaching/mentoring and/or assessing previously, but this is not an absolute must-have.
We are looking for people who have a real passion for the industry and want to share that passion to help others succeed. If you have a qualification in training and/or assessment that is a bonus but full training will be given for the right applicants.
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Flexible working options as standard: flexi-hours, working from home
- Birthday off each year (paid)
- Duvet days – up to 2 per year (pro rata)
- Option to buy additional annual leave – up to 5 days pro rata (agreed in advance by Line Manager)
- Professional Development support – additional qualifications, training, event
- attendance (agreed by Line Manager)
- Annual Company Away Day and Summer party
We are now accepting applications via our website, to apply, head to..