This listing is about Thales in Reading, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Based: Reading – hybrid working with some travel to other Thales UK sites
Are you interested in an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic and fast moving environment, leading multi-functional teams to deliver complex bids, meeting demanding customer requirements and deadlines? Then look no further…
We have an impactful Bid Manager opportunity to join our Secure Communications and Information Systems (SIX) business unit in Reading.
What The Role Has To Offer
- A chance to contribute to the ongoing success and growth of the business, across a variety of product and service offerings ranging from military communication systems to cyber security consulting and managed service projects
- An opportunity to plan and manage bid development and delivery, working closely with internal and external (domestic and international) customers
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities
- Manage the preparation of prequalification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid
- Participate in Bid Kick-Off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team
- Manage the creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal
- Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the Thales offering
- Ensure that cost estimates / target budgets are provided with support of Systems Engineering / Product Management and are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing
- Support the Sales/Capture Lead in any customer negotiations and presentations
Ideally, you will:
- Have proven experience managing and orchestrating bid and project management activities, ideally in a complex technical environment
- Be experienced and adept at building and managing strong, long lasting relationships across customers, partners, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Possess excellent communication and influencing skills with experience driving multidisciplinary teams to successful bid completion (experience aligning deliverables with customer requirements and submission deadlines)
- Have experience working autonomously and managing your own deliverables without the requirement of regular supervision
- Have a professional Project Management or Bid Management qualification i.e. Shipley or similar – highly desirable
The successful candidate will need full Security Clearance (SC) -For more information and guidance please visit the UKSV website*
What We Can Offer
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market-leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
The future is full of challenges; each new change and technology will create situations no one has had to deal with before or even anticipated and it will happen at an even faster pace than today.
Our 3 Priorities Throughout The Pandemic Remain Constant
- To continue to protect all our employees’ health and financial wellbeing.
- To safeguard the business and continue to deliver for our customers as best we can.
- And, to ensure that Thales is best placed to recover quickly.
Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Thales is an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of Thales.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!
Job Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com