Website Teaching Personnel
This Job Listing is about Teaching Personnel in Burnley,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
We are looking for a Science Technician to join us in an exciting new opportunity! We are working with a secondary school in Burnley that would like to appoint a Science Technician on a full-time basis.
We expect our pupils to be creative, innovative, independent and resilient and we are committed to fostering their interest in social enterprise. Who knows – one day, one of our pupils may help to find some of the solutions to the challenges facing our planet today. As a school, we want to be at the cutting edge of the latest technologies and the most innovative in preparing our young men for the world of work.
If Successful, You Will Be Responsible For
- Co-ordinating and providing practical resources and facilities to science laboratories ensuring timetabled deadlines are met.
- Setting up and supervising practical class experiments.
- Provide assistance and advice in the practical aspects of the science curriculum, by liaising with teachers and other support staff.
- Ensuring the health, welfare and safety of staff and pupils in accordance with health and safety legislation as far as is possible.
The Ideal Person Will Have
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical way.
- Numeracy & literacy skills (relevant scientific skills for post).
- Ability to use relevant scientific equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures to prepare molar concentrations of solutions and use of relevant equipment.
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues particularly in relation to chemicals used in Science.
- Commitment to undertaking relevant training and development.
- Instruct, and check the work of, others; Provide information, advice and guidance on use of scientific equipment.
- Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm.
- Start date: October 2022
- End date: July 2023
Please APPLY TODAY and a member of the Preston Secondary team from Teaching Personnel will be in touch!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.