Website SSE plc
This Job Listing is about SSE plc in IsleofMull,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Base Location: Fort William, Oban, Kintyre
Work type: Permanent – Flexible First Available, Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £24,479 to £29,879 + overtime + standby payments and an additional range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our teams are growing whilst also achieving great results, and you could be part of this exciting and challenging business that provides job security and the opportunity for you to develop.
SSEN are currently looking for a Trainee Linesperson to join our distribution teams in the West of Scotland.
A Linesperson is at the heart of our network, helping us to power change. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop an exciting career and further authorisation within SSE.
The Role Will Include
- Carrying out construction and repair work on all our networks from LV up to and including 11/33kV.
- Being responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, whilst acting as an ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- This role can be demanding, and you’ll also be required to respond quickly to any emergency situations that may arise as we want to provide the best possible service to our customers in their time of need.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions with a requirement to undertake out of hours standby duties and short notice attendance for storm situations. This can also result in overnight stays on occasions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Industry experience in the UK on or around overhead lines with electrical experience would be highly advantageous however not essential.
- The ability to work at heights, previous experience is desirable.
- A high regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority, strong communication skills and an ability to convey technical aspects in a transferable manner, enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- A flexible approach to complete out of hours, standby duties and to attend short notice work in the event of severe weather.
- For this role, it is an essential requirement you have a full UK driving licence.
About Our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact [email protected] / 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.