This listing is about SoftwareONE in United Kingdom
About the job
For over 30 years SoftwareONE has been the foundation for organizations around the world for their technology solutions. With changes in the market from on-premises to cloud we have always been one step ahead. Underpinning our transitions and evolutions are our seven core values which we expect from all our current employees and look for in our future colleagues. The global nature of our organization allows us to adapt and commit to these values unique to the culture and business needs of each location.
Technical Pre Sales Consultants provide support during the generation of sales leads, e.g., as a technical evangelist for marketing activities, including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc. Usually, they take responsibility for business opportunities that have already been qualified by Customer Business Development Managers.
Together, they work to identify the customer’s actual goals and needs as well as decision structures, preferences regarding time and budget, as well as the competitive situation.
Through this and thanks to their excellent subject matter expertise, Solution Sales Specialists design an ideal solution for the customer based on the existing service portfolio. This also includes the initial estimate and structure of prices that they present to customers in an initial proposal. If this proposal is accepted, they will make an appropriate statement of work.
Technical Pre Sales Consultants remain responsible until the business opportunity is contracted and bring their knowledge to every activity. They then ensure a smooth handover to the service delivery teams. They will also continue to support afterward if necessary, e.g., as part of change management.
Support with the generation of leads
- Has already created the first content like blog-articles (that can be used externally)
- Conducts webinars from time to time
- Speaks from time to time in front of groups >10 persons and presents
- Is used to taking part in account planning workshops, contributes knowledge about the customers, the market, and specific demands
- Knows how to ask the right questions in a conversation to document the requirements, translates requirements into business outcome
- Can lead workshops alone
- Can combine various standardized service modules into a meaningful overall solution
- Can describe the business impact of a project or managed service; Understands the priority of it for the customer
Calculation of business cases
- Divide a solution into assessable individual parts and let experts assess the best case, worst case, and most realistic case
- Can perform, prepare, and present a complete TCO analysis; considers business partnerships and funding as well
- Negotiates successfully based on the specifications to achieve the highest possible amount
- Knows how to use the definition of milestones early in the sales process
- Creates presentations that are perfectly tailored to an appointment and therefore convincing
Management & Leadership
- Can explain well and transfer his knowledge to others
- Is familiar with the most important economic terms and procedures
- Has good ideas for improving structures, processes, and results
- Has a very collaborative attitude
- Sets, if necessary, the right priorities and distinguishes into necessary and convenient tasks
Cross Subject Matter Expertise
- Can collect customer requirements for
- Cloud Apps/Data solutions
- Cloud Compute solutions
- Software Lifecycle Management solutions
and take over the first qualification of the opportunity
- Gather customer requirements for Data Protection and Security to propose a suitable solution from the SoftwareONE Portfolio that addresses customer challenges and qualify the opportunity
- Can explain the business impact of out-tasking; designs individual managed services in coordination with the delivery, but without on-site presales support of the service delivery; can define a complex operational model
Subject Matter Expertise
- Can convert requirements, especially for Collaboration and Messaging, into appropriate solutions and create an attractive proposal plus statement of work.
- Can gather all requirements to sketch out a solution; knows how to make the most out of the Microsoft 365 platform and how to enrich the functionality with 3rd-party add-ons.
- Can apply Identity and Access Management solutions for specific business cases, e.g., HR process flows (onboarding/offboarding).
- Can design a Calling Plans and Dial Plans configuration (routing between Teams and legacy conferencing systems), voice recording and AVR.
- Know how to apply a research-based change management methodology and toolset to any future situation.
ACM Associate Consultant Badge
ITIL v4 Foundation
PLUS, one of:
PLUS, one of:
AZ-900 MS Azure Foundation
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
What We Need To See From You
- Overall 4-6 years of experience within the domain of practice (Cloud / Microsoft Azure)
- Detailed understanding of organizational structure, delivery requirements and services provided within Cloud services.
- Experience in Project Management delivery
- Backgound in technology consulting services
- Supported in a technology sales / presales function
- Perfomed work within the relevant technology realm in a delivery capacity
- Understand the implication of change though the implementation of technology to the business
- Strong structural work methods, multitasking and time management skills
- Solid problem solving and assertive consultative skills
- Skills in business process analysis
- Technology basic skills regarding system platforms (MS) client & server and midrange environment
- Confident individual that’s highly motivated and results oriented
- Experience in people management and building a team across a matrix organization model
- Good Communication and Collaboration Skills (internally & externally)
- Methodical Approach
- Good presentation skills
- Being able to work effectively with anyone with different skillsets
What You Should Really Know About Us.
Strip away everything. Strip away our brand, strip away our buildings, strip away our offices. What are we left with? Our people. This is what makes SoftwareONE successful.
Passionate people who live and breathe our values every day, who delight our customers, every day, and who go above and beyond, every day. Our culture is unique, and I believe that having the right people, and empowering them to succeed, is the absolute key to our success.
Patrick Winter, Founder.
What We Expect From Our Employees
Success at SoftwareONE is not defined by what you do for yourself, but by what you deliver for our customers, the business and for the employees around you. SoftwareONE employees are energized, agile and are laser focused on delivering world class Customer Satisfaction and results. Our leaders motivate and inspire their teams and provide a working environment that delivers incredible levels of Employee Satisfaction. We are Humble, have a very high degree of Integrity and are simply not interested in politics.
Our leaders operate with a high levels of Discipline but are able to work at Speed manage change in a global economy.
“SoftwareONE is an equal opportunity employer. With employee satisfaction as one of our core values, we are passionate about diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We want every employee to have the greatest experience of their career.”
Cloud & Software Services
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com