Website Smart Pension
This listing is about Smart Pension in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Smart is a rapidly growing fintech company transforming the retirement industry for the better. We’re changing the way people interact with their retirement savings using our award-winning platform which is powered by our in-house technology. We’ve gone from a small start-up to a global industry leader with over £2bn in assets under management. Join us to transform retirement, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and support system and process development, with Trustee requirements and fundamentally member experience in mind.
- Assist with the development and management of the control framework
- Monitor and process transactions relating to retirement activity. Liaise with other teams and third-party providers.
- Process member payments and update relevant pension administration records.
- Completion and/or reviewing the reconcile cash to investment/disinvestment transactions.
- Completion and/or reviewing reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Member unit reconciliations & un-allocated units reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of member payroll and related transactions journals to NetSuite.
- Assist in the preparation annual statutory accounts and delivery of the external audit of the Pension Scheme, working with the Financial Controller, Pension Accountant, external audit team and internal stakeholders.
- Attendance at audit planning and audit clearance meetings
- Provision of quarterly financial information for inclusion in admin reports, in tandem with the team
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the Master Trust finance functions.
- Be a subject matter expert and assist with the training of more junior staff as required
- To build relationships with key stakeholders and attend meetings where required
- Completion of ONS returns as and when required
- Provide ad-hoc information to trustees, employers, professionals, and other interested parties as required
- Participate in annual performance reviews and objective setting
- Ideally from a DB or DC pension background, involved in day-to-day hands-on pension finance.
- Experience of Microsoft suite of products including Excel and experience of G-Suite an advantage
- NetSuite experience is an advantage but not essential.
- A growth mindset
- A focus on automation and driving efficiency throughout the finance function
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with high amounts of energy and drive with the ability to explain accounting concepts to other team players that are not accountants.
- A high level of diligence and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the financial services environment but not essential.
- Part-qualified/Qualified accountant with a recognised accounting body (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc).
- PRAG membership desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS102 and the Pensions SORP.
Company: Smart Pension
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A