This Job Listing is about Siemens in Derby,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
This exciting role offers an opportunity to Join the ETCS Integration Design Team within Siemens as part of the East Coast Digital Project (ECDP).
Working as part of a close-knit team the Rolling Stock Designer will have an Engineering background within Siemens or elsewhere, the successful candidate will support a vastly experienced Design and Project team in delivering the retrofit of Freight Locomotives with the Siemens ETCS Trainguard 300 system.
Experience of Rolling Stock Design is not essential, but a background in engineering is highly desirable, for example the candidate has undertaken the Siemens or alternative Graduate, Trainee Apprentice scheme or is working in an Engineering position within the company.
The Rolling Stock Designer role is a key role within the project environment, with involvement in a wide range of design activities throughout the whole project lifecycle. This role provides the opportunity to travel both in the UK and overseas, ensuring an international flavour to your knowledge base and, over time, establish a rounded career in a global railway industry.
- Will work with the engineering team members in the UK (Derby & Chippenham) throughout Siemens, to ensure that the project design solutions meet our customers’ needs now, and in the future.
- Provide input and ideas to help determine the most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given geographical and technical environment.
- Provide input to innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals.
- A key player within the Integration Team.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Interest in learning and developing themselves within this role.
- The ability to work as part of a wider integration team.
- Some experience of internal and/or external engineering.
- Appreciation of working to timescales as part of a wider project programme.
- Ability to reach out and work with internal and external agencies (NR, FOCs, Human Factors etc).
- Act on review requirements (internal and external) in a collaborative, constrictive and ‘best for project’ way.
- Making verbal and written comments and attending reviews as required in a collaborative, constrictive and ‘best for project’ way.
- Demonstrates ability to follow process to complete tasks (checking, change control etc)
- Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out.
- Effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers.
- Demonstrates initiative when performing problem solving initiatives.
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.
- Motivated, dependable, and self-reliant.
- Undertaking or undertaken a Engineering Graduate Scheme, Apprentice Scheme or similar.
- Currently ‘in role’ in an Engineering Position (Design, Project Engineer etc) within Siemens.
- Ability to work the basics of CAD packages (preferably Solid Edge).
- Appreciation of implementing ETCS, CBTC or similar systems from other sectors.
- Interest in Rolling Stock, Signalling Systems, or other engineering disciplines.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time