This Job Listing is about Siemens in Ashby-de-la-Zouch,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Siemens Mobility are recruiting for Testing Professionals as part of our Military to Rail Programme.
The Military to Rail programme offers service leavers and former military personnel the opportunity of a successful career within the rail industry. This is our third time running this highly successful programme and we are delighted to be able to offer the opportunity to support your transition from the military into the Rail Industry. Applicants for these roles should be currently in the military or have left the military in the last 2 years.
We have roles in the programme available nationwide. However, for some roles we may require you to be located within a geographical area or a commutable distance from a Site or Office. This will be discussed with you as part of the screening stage.
Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
We are looking for Testers of all levels of experience to supplement our already large test discipline. The role will support the Rail Infrastructure business in the UK testing our installed or modified solutions up to and including commissioning. The ideal candidate will have experience of testing installed systems in a military environment. Further comprehensive training will be provided to the successful candidate.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites.
- Promote and support a zero accident/incident culture and environment.
- Manage their testing and commissioning activities in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements.
- Ensure that their testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data.
- Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with Siemens, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards.
- Liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in respect of installation issues associated with testing.
- Certify the system and or systems are fit for purpose.
This is a role that will suit any ex-military person who has demonstrable experience within an engineering environment, with an electronic background being an advantage. There is no minimum rank that can apply and is open to all service arms.
What Experiences and Qualifications do I need?
- HNC/HND/Degree/ONC/NVQ level 3 or equivalent demonstrable experience in an engineering subject
- Experience in testing newly installed or pre-commissioned systems
- Experience in the supervision and delivery of test and commissioning tasks
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- System and detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
- Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Good organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
Following your application, we will assess your experience and qualifications against our business requirements and make recommendations for the part of our business we think will best fit your skills, qualifications and experience. This will be discussed with you before offering you a place at the assessment centre.
This assessment centre will take place at The National Rail Academy for Rail (NTAR) on 15th & 16th November 2022, with a targeted programme start date of 6th March 2023. Please make sure that you are available for these dates, as we do not know at this stage the time frame for future programmes.
Upon successfully joining Siemens, you will undertake an intensive 6-week training period before moving into a permanent role within our Rail Infrastructure business. The roles on offer post training period are permanent positions and the pay and benefits associated with this role will be discussed with you at the offer stage
Click here to go straight our dedicated site for the programme.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time