This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 25, 2022
Where you fit in
The size and complexity of Shell Trading & Supply (T&S) has increased substantially over the past few years and the expectations around risk management from a regulatory perspective have also shifted for Energy trading. We are therefore strengthening the risk management capabilities of the organisation from a people, process, data, and systems perspective in both the first and second lines of defence.
The Risk Governance, Process, and Controls team is a newly created team that will focus on ensuring that the risk organisation is following its policies and procedures correctly, has properly documented processes and controls, operates these controls appropriately, and will be managing the overall operational risk which exists within the Risk function. The Risk Assurance role is specifically intended to support assurance activity within the Risk function as well as helping to coordinate 2nd line assurance activity across T&S.
What’s the role?
Risk Assurance’s primary stakeholders are the risk teams located in T&S hubs in London, Houston, Rotterdam, Dubai, and Singapore, with global activities. The role will also interface with teams in the Shell Business Operations (SBOs) and more broadly across T&S.
More Specific Responsibilities Include
- Perform independent assurance activities within the Risk function on behalf of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
- Review the design and effectiveness of existing processes and associated controls across the organisation and make recommendations for improvements
- Interface with Risk teams onshore and in the SBO’s
- Coordinate the relationship with internal and external auditors
- Production, tracking, and reporting of progress/completion rates for the integrated annual assurance plan for T&S including:
- Ensuring that the overall plan focuses on the most material risks for T&S, taking input from Risk SME’s across the risk organization
- Avoiding duplication across assurance providers
- Coordination of assurance activity to be performed by others eg operational risk coverage teams will be involved
- Contribute to ad hoc projects within the Risk Governance, Process & Controls team
What We Need From You
We are keen to speak from individuals with experience of operational risk management in a complex Trading organisation through previous roles focused on risk and controls (e.g: Governance, Risk & Assurance activity)
We also hope your CV will show as many of the following as possible:
- Knowledge of risk management activities, methodologies, and ways of working, ideally across Market Risk, Credit Risk, and Operational Risk
- Prior experience in assurance and control testing
- Prior experience of physical and financial commodity trading
A self-starter with a highly motivated and outcome driven mindset. You’ll be able to show your resiliency when working under pressure and be able to priorities tasks to meet deadlines. You have that learner mindset as well – with innovative and creative, excellent problem-solving capabilities. You are attentive to details with high-quality written and visual presentation skills (Word, Powerpoint).
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you in finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits, and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org