This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Commercial and Retail
Posting Start Date
January 12, 2022
Shell is seeking Individuals who are passionate about customer service and driving our commercial success. Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in
Shell Mobility represents the single largest customer-facing business in the organization, with over 44,000 Petrol stations across more than 70 countries. As we look to the future, Mobility is critical to establish Shell as The Low Carbon Leader. Our ambition is to be the number 1 mobility and convenience retailer, with the world’s leading Electric Vehicle (EV) charging network and lead in business and goods mobility platform.
With over 1,100 service stations across the United Kingdom, each Commercial Territory Manager (CTM) will be managing all stations within their respective regions. The CTM forms part of the Mobility Sales Team and reports to a District Manager.
What’s the role?
As a Commercial Territory Manager in Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire, you will manage territory within a defined geography, averaging from 40-50 Service Stations which could be less or more depending on the location.
In this role, you are accountable in delivering Territory targets on profitability, sales, customer service and safety and to be an active part of the country leadership driving continual improvement in the overall performance of the business.
In addition, you are expected to have a detailed understanding of the relevant contract/s. You are also expected to ensure that the Independent Retailers are actively managed, using the correct governance, to deliver strong commercial results, achieving or overachieving our joint business plan.
Your Further Responsibilities Include
- Proactively lead the HSSE agenda in the Territory.
- Maximize Value & Profit for Shell and delivering the agreed business plans.
- Manage and motivate Retailers to ensure that the required competencies are in place to meet current and future business needs, adapting your style & behaviours to meet the specific nuance of all Retailer platforms.
- Ensure the readiness for safe delivery of significant convenience retail growth and the digital & energy transition landscape.
- Monitor and anticipate competitor activity and implement appropriate response strategies by working with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and protect licence to operate at all times.
What we need from you?
Beyond That, We’d Hope To See As Many Of The Following As Possible On Your CV
We’re keen to hear from individuals who have substantial Retail experience, knowledgeable in Retail Operations, and proven track record of delivering business targets.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, in any given period you will be involved in many activities and the ability to prioritise and deliver is key.
- Strong Commercial Acumen and the ability to translate data into clear insights, being able to conduct in-depth commercial discussion with a Retailer using multiple data sources and insights to gain commitment for action.
- Strong Indirect Channel Management, the Relationship with the end customer is conducted through the Retailer so the understanding of the Legal & Moral Framework is vital.
- Strong Negotiating Skills, ensuring that negotiations are strong and fair, and that the outcome delivers results for Shell.
- Substantial Coaching Experience, the ability to deliver Coaching to the Retailer to deliver the mutual business plan and drive for growth.
- Strong Performance Management, recognising good performance and addressing any gaps in performance swiftly to ensure delivery of goals is completed, using the contract to remind both parties of the commitments.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, demonstrating that you can manage a complex portfolio in a fast-paced environment.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org