This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
November 12, 2021
Projects and Technology
What’s the role?
As an IT Projects Business Analyst, you will sit in the Shell Energy Trading team within the IT Engineering team. The analyst chosen will be working in the trading space and hence someone with prior trading experience/exposure will be preferred.
Additionally, you will get to learn new dimensions of application design and development in the trading side of Shell DS business. This may include either Gas or Power trading or both in some cases. You also get to work in cutting edge technological landscape and scale up your own expertise in the areas like cloud computing and IAAS.
You will be responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is typically within a specific business area. You may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
- Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
- Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects.
- Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
- Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field, to provide interpretive, advisory, or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results.
- Volunteers for community leadership roles. Supports the regional networks through leading activities, presenting topics, and coaching others
- Coaches at least 1 IT BA.
- Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Participates in industry IT BA related activities such as BA webcasts and/or chapter meetings and applies learnings within Shell including sharing of learnings.
What we need from you?
Alongside your bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, you have:
- Extensive corporate IT experience and IT BA experience.
- Knowledge and skill of business analysis techniques and tools.
- CCBA or PMI-PBA certified preferred or working to achieve CCBA or PMI-PBA certification. Working to achieve CBAP if preference is to remain on IT BA career path.
- Influential at team level through oral presentations, business cases, and investment proposals.
- Agile project experience.
- Knowledge of Energy trade and Risk Management is essential.
- Sound knowledge of Openlink Endur as an ETRM tool is a must have.
- Experience in Endur is desirable preferred.
- Should have a robust understanding around any of the functional area of Endur. Ideal candidate should have dealt with multiple instruments in Endur and must have an end-to-end knowledge of all the configurations needed for at least one (or more) of the asset class – Gas, Power, Commodity.
- Exposure to Native cloud development – someone who has worked in such environment before.
- Clear and concise communication.
- Comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit, and risk management.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org