This listing is about Shell in Bank Street, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
Human Resources Jobs
Posting Start Date
January 28, 2022
Do you want to apply your expertise in Learning to shape the Global Learning strategy for Shell, bringing in the best externally available approaches to enable you and your Learning colleagues help Shell and our partners to learn, adapt and perform faster than our competitors? Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment where you shape ways to integrate the application of various specialist methodologies for maximum impact on Shell’s performance through the energy transition? If so, this is the place for you.
Shell’s Centre of Expertise (CoE) for Organisation Development and Learning brings together experts from various areas of specialism – Learning, HR Analytics , Knowledge Management, Or ganisation De velopment , L eadership Development , Continuous Improvement and Causal learning. The CoE will deliver the G lobal Shell strategy in these areas , p rovide thought leadership, set standards, define methodology, drive innovation and lead communities of practice. As a member of the CoE you will lead the global learning strategy and partner with other expertise leaders to shape an integrated approach to how we Learn & Improve in Shell.
The Global Lead for Learning Strategy will also work closely with the Shell Learning Solutions community. It is a newly created global organisation which is set up to manage all learning portfolios, covering the full range of technical and professional subject areas needed across Shell’s businesses and functions. The portfolios include Wells, Development, Exploration, Projects & Engineering, Safety & Environment, Asset Management, Commercial and Customer, Global Functions (e.g. Finance, Legal, External Relations), Leadership Development, Continuous Improvement and Onboarding. The Global Lead for Learning Strategy will collaborate with Learning Solutions colleagues to shape methodologies and innovations to enable Learning colleagues deliver a world-class suite of learning experiences that are aligned to the current and future capability and performance needs. The remit is a wide range of learning solutions which improve performance, build skills and provide a great human experience (i.e. not just formal Learning but also in for example upskilling interventions, behavioural interventions, community initiatives, marketing or communication campaigns, team learning interventions etc).
This senior role will report into the VP OD&L CoE / Leadership and provide expertise in Learning and work closely with the VP for Learning Solutions.
What’s the role?
This Position Will
- Set the Shell Learning strategy and agenda and collaborate with other CoE specialists to create an integrated strategic direction and core methodology for OD&L for maximum impact.
- Build strong connections with external Learning experts (e.g. consultancies, academics, professional bodies) for thought leadership and partnership. Curate and generate thought leadership in Learning and translate this into actionable insights for Shell.
- Ensure world-class, fit for purpose methods, technologies and tools are in place for tackling Organisation Learning challenges at multiple levels of the organisation. Own and drive value from contracted relationships with external partners.
- Drive and deliver a ‘paradigm-shift’ in the learner User Experience (UX) and develop Shell into a world-leading learning organisation. Strengthen Shell’s approaches, tools and methods, moving towards an ATAWAD (Anytime, Anywhere, Any device) and integrated learning environment with methods configured for an optimal User Experience.
- Build key business and functional relationships and use experimentation and agile working to test new learning solutions in partnership with the business to prove impact before scaling them across other businesses in the group.
- Work with HR Analytics to improve the use of data and analytics for learning to generate meaningful insights to improve the use and impact of learning activities.
- Work in close collaboration with Learning Excellence, Knowledge Management, Learning Solutions, Design and Development and IT teams to collectively bring latest thought leadership, technology and internal and external best practice to our end-to-end Learning practices.
- Lead a Community of Practice for Learning sub-specialisms across the community to share knowledge and build competence across amongst Learning practitioners.
- Use external and internal insights to bring innovation in how Shell uses learning to improve capabilities and performance across the group, including overseeing the innovation funnel with innovation initiatives coming from anywhere in the model, but channelled here.
- Share and engage in the Shell Learning story externally, involving other colleagues as appropriate.
What we need from you
- An externally recognised, internally credible thought leader in organisational and adult Learning and Learning technology.
- Bringing a Learner Mindset, a curiosity to learn and grow yourself, learn from mistakes and a commitment to create an environment where people can speak up openly in a safe environment
- Able to demonstrate a track record of setting learning strategy and delivering successful learning solutions across a large global organisation (strong planning and execution discipline; delivering high quality, high impact solutions and interventions).
- Passionate about Learning trends, technologies and innovations and how these can enable organisational and individual performance.
- Preferably experienced in partnering with Knowledge Management and experienced in how to enhance Learning in the flow of work.
- Externally oriented, bring a network of external learning experts and learning vendors (startups and established companies). You work collaboratively with external partners, enabling them to bring the best of their expertise to an organisation’s needs.
- A relationship builder, able to listen and communicate at all levels and a strong ambassador externally.
- Experienced at influencing without authority, collaborating with colleagues to set a direction and enabling a community of Learning professionals to learn from each other.
- Known for assembling coalitions and diverse skillsets across organizational boundaries and aligning and inspiring others against the biggest challenges.
- Curious to learn about other areas of specialism and how these may best integrated for maximum value.
- Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused, balancing pragmatism with innovation, willing to experiment and try new methodologies.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Bank Street, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com