This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Downstream Supply Chain
Posting Start Date
January 17, 2022
Where you fit in
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, refined products, natural gas, power, and chemicals and has larger locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Barbados. Shell Trading is one of the world’s largest energy traders and is a key segment of the Royal Dutch/Shell portfolio
Shell Energy Europe (SE-EE) sells and actively trades energy related products and services associated with European natural gas, power, and environmental products. SE-EE was created in 2009 through the combination of Shell’s marketing and trading companies in Europe. SE-EE is part of Shell Energy which is the commercial heart of the Integrated Gas Business and aligns all Energy Trading activity throughout the world.
As part of the SE-EE and NEs growth strategy, Power and Gas wholesale and customer activities are scaling significantly in existing and expanding into new market areas and deal types. This involves a significant amount of work on selecting, integrating and maintaining new systems and processes. Digital solutions will play an increasingly powerful role in enabling the energy transition and it is critical that Shell Energy (SE) keeps pace with these innovations.
A new SE Operations Innovation and Markets team has been formed to drive operational excellence, further build commercial mindset and continuous improvement of operational processes, enabling technology and IT vendors performance. This team brings a significant competitive advantage to Shell Energy, charged with driving innovation and enabling efficiency and effectiveness of SE’s Commercial and Wholesale Operations teams in the pursuit of commercial growth and optimal cost to serve.
What’s the role?
In This Role, You Will Apply Your Expertise To
- Develop and embed new processes and tools to prioritise efforts required to lead SE Operations through the Energy Transition
- The organisation has significant growth aspirations which will not be achieved without significant levels of process automation, however, resources are finite and determining the right skill sets and delivery order for improvement initiates will be key
- This will be achieved through a robust data led funnel and prioritisation process. Excellent stakeholder management will be necessary
- Bring project and change management skills to bear to present data to drive cost benefit decisions and resource allocation
- Lead communications to role model achievements, help to build a delivery excellence culture and provide transparency for effective risk management
- Design and embed Operational Excellence and Commercial Value Add KPIs in teams
- Build automation to make generation and presentation of management information manageable.
- Measure performance and use data / KPIs to build a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that operational systems are not just fit for purpose for today’s business, but that there is a continuous drive for automation and top quartile IT solutions to enable growth ambition while ensuring competitive cost to serve in the market
- Prepare and present performance measures / KPIs to the Operational Process Forum
- Identify and support realisation of synergies across Gas and Power commodity Operations
- Apply a strong focus on innovating IT solutions to capture new commercial opportunities
- Build market insights to support decision making and drive process efficiency
- Capture and share learnings and best practice from both internal and external experiences to Shell to drive improvements in commercial and operational performance
- Start in SE Europe and in time extend management information offerings to our Global LNG and NA G&P businesses.
- Support the delivery of the SE-EE Operations Digital Roadmap, setting-up and driving projects to automate processes and leverage new technology innovations. Monitor and control delivery of a programme of improvement projects against original deal economics, influencing robust delivery through others
What We Need From You
We’re keen to speak from individuals with working exposure to European gas and power trading operations. Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following as possible on your C V:
- Strong project management and change management skill-set
- Experience of working in project teams. Strong communication and collaboration / team ethic essential
- Experience in structuring data for management performance reporting and decision making. Data analysis using xls, SQL, Power BI/Spotfire.
- Excellent attention to detail and commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement and Learner mindset. Experience of developing and managing improvement prioritisation funnels
- Keen interest in the Energy Transition and Shell’s Carbon Net Zero journey
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org