This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
Contracting and Procurement
Posting Start Date
December 9, 2021
Projects and Technology
The Digital & Process Transformation (DPT) organization within Shell Contracting and Procurement (CP) Operations drives the Digital and Process optimization Strategies critical for Shell to reach its Supply Chain (SC) ambition. The work done by this team is not only about the design and deploy of new processes and technologies, but about transforming the CP/SC ways of working and drive automation for our frontline teams.
The DPT organization is part of CP Operations, but its scope covers the entire CP/SC organization across Shell.
Bringing together Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP), Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) and manage Supply Chain (MSC) processes and Assurance we are focused on optimizing the entire process to enable the business strategy and Shell Supply Chain Ambition. DPT Design Team drives Digitization and Process Optimization agenda for CP and MSC, seeks for external and internal best practices, co-create innovative improvement ideas with Shell business, anticipating new demand, engaging with stakeholders to understand frictions and priorities and ensuring the business case is supported.
CP Lead Design RtP is a key role within DPT Design team – manages a team of CP RtP Process Design Specialists who are responsible for designing and maintaining effective and efficient Requisition to Pay processes with associated controls, KPI’s, system enablers (ERP & connected tools/applications) and process related documentation (i.e. Recommended Practices, Policies, Process Design, etc.) using ESSA (eliminate, simplify, standardise and automate) principles to drive operationally excellent supply chain operations. The supply chain process areas in scope for this job include:
- Provide leadership, manage, coach & develop a team of CP RtP Process Design Specialists globally
- Oversee development and maintenance of quality CP RtP standard designs and ensure integration across the overall Procure Goods Services and with all other relevant process streams (ie; maintenance, finance, projects etc.)
- Steer designs that lead to best in class operationally excellent RtP activities with quantified and measurable business benefits
- Represent and support the relevant process owners as CP RtP Process Design Specialist Manager in relevant Group business forums
- Coordinate with IT on standards and technical developments and support the prioritisation of related IT developments and budget allocation
- Lead learning sessions and drive continuous improvement for the applicable CP RtP design areas
- Proactive reviews of external market for process/system best practice opportunities for the CP RtP design areas
- Support project process design gap assessments for the applicable CP RtP design areas
- Review needs for and agree any local design requirements (ie; L&F needs) for the applicable CP RtP design areas
- Agree and track any local design Step-Outs/Work-Arounds (SOWA’s) and drive Step-ins for the applicable CP RtP design areas
- Number of direct reports – 10 located across multiple time zones
- Support all Classes of Business (CoBs) & Assets across the regions
- Design authority for Multiple ERPs (e.g. S4 and ECC6) and multiple connected tools/applications
- Process Design Specialist manager for the CP RtP process areas
- Supports geographically diverse area of operations
- Supports multiple Key Stakeholder in other process design streams
Business Backward thinking and curiosity are the key to success. The incumbent must have the desire to understand and resolve business pain points. The incumbent must have the ability to cultivate effective working relationships both with internal stakeholders and external supplier representatives across Group entities at a variety of various levels when designing and digitalizing processes. Strong collaborative mindset and willing to breakdown organizational, hierarchical, and siloed thinking. This position requires understanding integration requirements for business area use of SAP Finance, Project Systems (PS) and Plant Maintenance (PM) modules.
The incumbent needs to deal well with change, be comfortable with ambiguity and have the simultaneous ability to have a deep understanding of detail whilst having a concise ability to explain the bigger picture to various audiences. Must have the ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
Experience And Qualifications
- Proven experience working with multiple process areas such as Manage Purchasing (MP), Accounts Payable (AP), Master Data (MD) and knowledge of Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP), Inventory Management (IM), Investment Recovery (IR), Manage MM Plan (MMMP) and Warehouse Operations (WO)
- Understanding/knowledge of/experience in new S4 Hana SAP will be an advantage
- Experience in design of complex SAP and connected tools/applications solutions
- Experience in leading cross business teams, strong influencing, communication and networking skills, including the ability to tailor a complex message to different audiences
- Knowledgeable in identifying and resolving RtP business process issues and developing/implementing RtP business process improvement plans.
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management (MM) module functionality and awareness of other modules (PS, PM, etc.)
- Ability to operate effectively at both a strategic and tactical level
- Ability to deal with multiple parallel activities and priorities and constant change
- A high-energy team player that can effectively work virtually in diverse, cross-functional teams
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com