This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
December 15, 2021
Projects and Technology
As IT Operations Engineer for Electric Mobility (E-Mobility) you can bring your experience, learner mindset, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated initiative to support IT solutions for the growing electric mobility businesses in Shell – all within a highly capable, committed, and collaborative team atmosphere.
Where you fit in
If you have a passion for delivering high quality end to end IT operations, modernizing portfolio and enjoy a strong sense of accomplishment every day, this is a great opportunity to join this diverse team. As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry in the coming decades is considerable. IT specialists are vital to how we leverage and deliver global digital solutions. Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES) mission is to accelerate the energy transition through shaping a market leading, integrated, customer-centric technology vision, and deliver value driven, cost competitive and secure digital capabilities, to meet Shell ambition of being a net zero emissions business by 2050 or sooner.
E-Mobility is at forefront of the energy transition and is a vital part of Shell’s Purpose to provide our customers with more and cleaner energy solutions. E-Mobility is set for enormous growth globally and Shell’s aim is to become #1 in electric vehicle (EV) charging.
What’s the role?
In this role you will support E-mobility business initiatives to efficiently bring new and innovative products to E-mobility market.
As IT Operations Engineer, Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Collaborating with a wide range of IT Operations teams to build innovative automated IT solutions for the E-mobility Portfolio.
- Debugging and resolving problems in IT Operations and production environment and prevent them from recurring.
- Improving infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability.
- Monitoring and administering service performance in the cloud.
- Liaising between our customers and support teams.
- Collaborating with various teams to understand requirements for AWS (Amazon Web Services) services that support Shell requirements and strategies.
- Working closely with partners, Information Risk Management, and others to ensure Reference architecture and roadmaps and plans can account for business requirements and can be applied effectively.
- Leading the implementation of standards, reference architectures and practices to guide the use of Shell IT services in business IT projects.
What we need from you?
- A university degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or other relevant discipline. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in IT with software engineering, software development, or system operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven experience of operationally managing an IT landscape.
- Preferably has experience and/or is trained in DevOps.
- Team player, working with the team, as well as the larger organization.
- Knows their way around a Unix/Linux shell, can write shell scripts, and understands Linux internals.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services. AWS SySOps Administrator / Developer or Solutions Architect Associate certification.
- Experience with containers, such as with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Configure and manage CI/CD pipelines (e.g. source control, build tool, CI server, artefact and dependency repository, etc.).
- Experience debugging complex problems.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Knows Python, Java, Go, Rust, or similar.
- Proficient with creating custom dashboards using New Relic to monitor and support applications.
- Understands networking and messaging, especially between services.
- Has hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub, GitLab) and feature branching strategies.
- Has experience with a variety of open-source databases (Postgres, Redis etc.)
- ITIL v4 Foundation or higher certification.
- Experience Elastic Stack Istio, HashiCorp vault, Prometheus, Grafana, GoLang.
- Proven track record of automating processes and auto Heal work.
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Terraform, Helm and can explain the Infrastructure as Code paradigm.
- Experience with configuration management.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org