This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 14, 2022
Where you fit in
The Shipping & Maritime organisation provides maritime expertise to all Shell Group businesses and leads the industry in safety, technology and developing solutions to challenges such as decarbonisation.
Expertise comes in the form of developing strategy, providing input to industry bodies, commercial shipping advice and contracting, technology innovation and project design, maritime risk management and assurance, HSSE, fleet management and operations, and extracting value through innovation and digital from end to end of maritime value chain.
What’s the role?
The shipping economics advisor is a part of the Commercial Shipping team; the position enables the delivery of accurate, timely and relevant advice to Shell businesses on shipping investments, enabling informed decision making. The role will encompass developing expert modelling, market analysis, business insight, and stakeholder liaison.
- Provide economic analysis and advice to support group investment projects, contract renewals and in the evaluation of shipping acquisitions/ disposals and period charter offers in oil, LNG and any other required area.
- Develop methodologies for evaluating new areas (particularly in relation to the shipping decarbonisation) and drawing insights from data e.g. freight emissions data, emissions reporting and impact analysis of environmental regulations, vessel performance data.
- Standardise existing evaluation tools and methods to create a suite of ‘off the shelf’ tools for the team, linking in with digital solutions across Shipping & Maritime.
- Support shipping strategies and charter contract negotiation strategy development.
- Provide fleet supply, forecasts and long-term fundamentals analysis in crude, products and/or LNG.
What we need from you?
- Proven analytical skills; confident with complex numerical analysis, demonstrating commercial, economic and financial acumen.
- Previous modelling experience in Excel and other tools.
- Ability to create modelling methodologies to evaluate new opportunities in new areas and to standardise existing ones.
- Able to synthesise complex data into concise and focused analysis, often against tight deadlines.
- Able to tell the story and explain the ‘so what’ for commercial stakeholders.
- Ability to work with multiple sources of data, to understand and incorporate uncertainty appropriately and provide advice with incomplete information.
- Knowledge of shipping, LNG and/or oil markets would be a benefit but is not a prerequisite.
- Self-starter, able to plan and adapt own workload in the face of changing priorities whilst maintaining on time and accurate delivery.
- Flexible and capable of adapting previous knowledge to find solutions to new challenges.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org