This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Commercial and Retail
Posting Start Date
January 28, 2022
HR Corporate Functions
This role can be performed virtually from European countries.
Powering Progress is Shell’s north star to become a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050.
Make the Future is the brand campaign platform that encapsulates this strategy with communications programs.
Shell Eco-marathon (SEM) is one of the key pillars of Make the Future which brings 10,000 Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths ( STEM) students (Tesla’s chief designer is an SEM alumni) together across the world to empower new generations to build a cleaner and more sustainable future. The program covers student race events aimed at achieving the highest possible energy efficiency with their designed vehicles , virtual student competitions such as autonomous programming challenge , Off-track awards , Pitch the Future program, Road to 2050 , virtual quizzes and virtual learning sessions with presenters such as NASA astronauts.
The main objective of SEM is to contribute to the Powering Progress strategy, by acting as a ‘reason to believe’ to build Shell’s leadership position in the energy transition journey. We do this by actively targeting Energy Engaged Consumers (EECs) and explaining Shell Eco-marathon’s role as a platform for Shell to invest in curious young STEM students who will rise to become disruptors and leaders of our energy future.
Where you fit in?
As part of the new Shell Eco-marathon strategy, we would like a new Head of Business Development to join the team who can create the partnership strategy, lead win-win partnership proposals with likeminded brands and increase the partner value by $1M year-over-year (inc. both soft and hard value).
What’s the role?
Successful Candidate Will Be Accountable For The Following
- Create a three-year partner development strategy for Shell Eco-marathon
- Own the partner value proposition and value tiers
- Drive the development of annual prospecting plans and lead generation
- Pitch win/win new business proposals that address partners’ objectives and deliver value to the STEM students in the program
- Empower Shell Eco-marathon markets to sign local partnership deals, through training, toolkit development etc
- Maximise organic growth opportunities with Shell’s existing client accounts
- Liaise with marketing team to support the development of best-in-class sales collateral
- Facilitate partner agreements by liaising with legal and fulfil the deliverables by liaising with marketing teams
What we need from you?
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Business development experience, ideally in a B2B environment
- Exceptional lead generation skills
- Self-starter and resilient
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Have a solution orientated and collaborative approach to work
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Role can be performed virtually from European countries
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com