This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
External Relations (and IC)
Posting Start Date
January 17, 2022
HR Corporate Functions
Where you fit in
The world is changing fast, and Shell is changing too, working to become a net zero emissions energy business by 2050, in step with society. Shell’s integrated Corporate Relations function supports Shell’s strategy and sectoral approach to cutting emissions through improved policy and advocacy outcomes.
Success In Delivering Policy & Advocacy Outcomes In Europe Requires That Shell
Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, Corporate Relations aspires to be best-in-class at achieving integrated policy and reputation outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
- Has clear and granular policy objectives
- Identifies key stakeholders, influencers and the communications channels that reach them
- And through rigorous measurement understands where we can / are succeeding in changing the political and societal narrative and delivering policy outcomes
Joining a team of six, the Integrated Power Policy & Advocacy Advisor will deliver policy and advocacy support across Shell’s integrated power value chain, predominantly focused on Europe.
What’s the role?
- Policy: Support Shell’s global aim of building an integrated value chain by integrating and aligning local market policy positions with Shell’s global positions in the areas of offshore wind, onshore renewables (wind & solar) batteries, microgrids, power trading, electric mobility, and supply to customers.
- Advocacy and External Representation: Develop external stakeholder engagement plans focused on (but not limited to) customers, business partners, policy makers, industry associations, coalitions, trade media, and non-governmental organisations in Europe.
- Communications & Reputation: Use stakeholder insights analysis to inform business decisions and support business delivery through development and execution of strategic communication and reputation plans in alignment with global and regional priorities.
More Specifically, Your Key Accountabilities Include
- Support the team’s Corporate Relations and Policy & Advocacy Leads in creating messaging and thought leadership content and delivering events for key integrated power Lines of Business including, e-Mobility and Global Renewable Solutions.
- Track and assess the outcomes of external engagement activities against Shell’s stakeholder sentiment and reputation objectives and recommend strategies for closing gaps.
- Maintain oversight and alignment between global policy principles and in-country policy and advocacy activities.
What We Need From You
- Direct experience in either journalism, Public Relations or Government Relations; experience in managing events also highly desirable.
- Ability to roll sleeves up and support a team of 6 deliver their policy and communications objectives.
- Excellent communications, writing and editing skills.
- Strong experience with policy analysis, namely the ability to assess the financial, strategic, and reputational impacts and opportunities resulting from different policy approaches.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex interfaces and building trusted relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including executive-level leaders
- The ability to prioritise competing requests and deadlines effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proofread at an advanced skilled level in the English language for a variety of audience.
- Demonstrated skill in digital and social media content development and execution.
- The ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Proven ability to work to deadline while managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Strategic and creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Strong attention to detail and able to learn new material quickly.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) require.
- Together with your updated CVesume, please also attach writing samples for us to better gauge whether you have the necessary writing and research skills to complete required tasks of the position you seek.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org