This listing is about ShareAction in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
You will be joining us at an exciting time, when there is rising interest in how banks are addressing climate change risks and fostering the transition to a fairer, cleaner and safer world. This is a rapidly evolving field, and we are looking for someone with excellent relationship skills and a passion to make a difference to join our team.
You will be responsible for supporting ShareAction’s banking work with high-quality engagement with banks and other stakeholders (such as investors, NGOs, high-net worth individuals, and policy-makers), and contributing to the raising of standards in the banking industry on climate change and biodiversity.
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the following, ensuring quality records are kept of interactions (meetings, calls and email) through our CRM system:
– Junior and senior contacts at European banks;
– Junior and senior contacts at asset managers and asset owners;
– Experts and partner organisations to advance the aims of ShareAction’s banking programme;
– Other stakeholders including policy-makers, high-net worth individuals, and NGO partners.
- You will expand the network of investors that the banking team actively works with, convincing them to support relevant engagement opportunities;
- You will mobilise and support high-net worth individuals, foundations and higher education endowments engaging with their banks on climate change;
- You will organise meetings with and present the findings of ShareAction’s biannual surveys and leading practice reports to the banks surveyed. See for example the 2020 Banking on Climate Change survey we published in April 2020 and the Leading Practice report we published in September 2021;
- You will present the findings of our research pieces to banks and investors;
- You will represent the team at internal meetings such as our monthly company engagement meeting and ensure smooth coordination with other teams and contributing to team activities, including project management, monitoring and evaluation, and publication of research.
- You will support team activities such as filing shareholder resolutions and drafting AGM questions;
- You will contribute to the development of our survey methodologies, which will be led by the Financial Sector Research team & members of the Banking Standards team. On an occasional basis, contribute to other pieces of research related to the banking programme;
- You will organise events aimed at presenting our research reports to banks and other important stakeholders, together with others in the team, as well as represent ShareAction in appropriate external forums to amplify impact.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and the role might change slightly from time to time.
We are looking for a passionate, determined individual, with the following experience and skills:
- At least two years of work experience in or with the banking sector, ideally focused on sustainable banking;
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships across diverse groups, such as banks, investors, partner organisations, high-net worth individuals, and funders;
- Strong planning, co-ordination and organisational skills including note taking, meeting planning, coordinating collaborative engagement and record keeping;
- Persuasive communication skills (verbal and written) and desire to seek out speaking and networking opportunities;
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to quickly get to grips with new and complex subject areas, assimilate information, pull out the relevant points and communicate them to internal and external audiences, even when you have not undertaken the research yourself;
- Good presentation skills and confidence speaking to large audiences;
- Great team player, who is happy to take advice and direction from colleagues working in other work programmes, such as supporter network/grassroots organising;
- Excellent organisational, project and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Can do attitude, willing to help support projects for the banking campaign, such as the filing of resolutions, and drafting of investor letters and AGM questions (if needed);
- Knowledge and interest of climate change;
- Experience of working with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce.
- Knowledge of banks’s financing of the fossil fuel industry and/or how to interpret banks’s coal and/or fossil fuel policies
- Fluent in Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian and/or Spanish. Other languages are also a plus;
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office 365, particularly SharePoint;
- Knowledge and interest in biodiversity;
- Basic knowledge of data protection regulations / GDPR.
Hours: Full-time, but with some flexibility possible
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £33,000- £38,000 + 8% pension (non-contributory) and benefits including a healthcare scheme
Deadline for applications: Monday 7 February (9am). Please visit the ShareAction vacancy page to register and submit your application:
Please note, we use a blind screening recruitment process and so are unable to accept any applications submitted via LinkedIn.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A