Website The Association of Commonwealth Universities
This Job Listing is about The Association of Commonwealth Universities in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
£35,150 – £37,000 per annum
Job type: Fixed term post for 9 months
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: London WC1H (We operate hybrid, flexible working practices with 40% of your time per month being office based)
Join the ACU as Senior Programme Officer and use your experience of designing and refining and implementing complex administration processes to help us build a better world through international collaboration in higher education.
The ACU offers a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the higher education sector. We are one of the largest, most diverse international university networks, bringing together over 500 universities in 50 countries. Championing the power of higher education to improve lives, we support our members – and our people – in contributing to sustainable development across the Commonwealth and beyond.
The Senior Programme Officer is an exciting post that will play an important operational role in the ACU’s contribution to the successful delivery of a flagship mobility programme – working with delivery partners.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a leading global mobility scheme supporting students from schools, colleges and universities to access international study and work opportunities, delivering transformative opportunities for individuals and communities across the UK.
The Senior Programme Officer will work with the Assessment Hub Manager and Head of Programme to ensure the successful delivery of the scheme. This includes providing project management, reporting and administrative support across all aspects of the ACU’s work on the scheme.
Who are we looking for?
You will need:
- Experience of supporting the delivery of an assessment function or similar.
- Experience of designing and refining, implementing, and communicating complex administration processes.
- Some project management experience.
- High level of proven competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, evidence of database skills, aptitude for learning and using a variety of software packages.
- Experience of managing or supervising individuals.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing and networking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including writing for and understanding of different audiences and sensitivity for different cultural contexts, and the ability to deliver high standard presentations and reports.
What to expect:
We see equality, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our mission and we value the many different perspectives that people from all backgrounds bring to our collective performance (you can find more about our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and safeguarding on our website). We believe in investing in all our people and creating cultures in which everyone can thrive.
We offer a fantastic package of benefits including:
- 27 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees), plus 4 Christmas closure days
- Generous pension scheme – 5% employee contribution, 10% employer contribution
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave
- Give As You Earn charitable donations scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sabbatical leave
- Ability to request flexible working from day one
To find out about our benefits, flexible working, health and wellbeing and professional development, visit our website.
How to apply:
Apply via our website where you can submit your CV (maximum 2 pages) and online application form (maximum 1000 words) outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the criteria for the role. Please include your motivation for applying.
Closing date: 21st November 2022
Interviews will take place week commencing 28th November 2022 and will be conducted virtually.
If we receive sufficient applications before the closing date, interviews may take place earlier, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Company: The Association of Commonwealth Universities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A