This Job Listing is about Hays in St.Helens,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
We are currently recruiting for Secondary Teaching Assistants in the St Helens area.
These are long-term positions, subject to funding and a successful candidate must be available to interview as soon as possible.
Your new company.
Your new school are seeking and confident and enthusiastic member of staff to motivate pupils. It has a friendly and welcoming Team within its SEN department which offers fantastic resources for pupils. They place inclusion at the centre of everything they do and promote the values of respect and ambition. The school is heavily focused on enrichment and strengthening community bonds for the local areas. They are passionate about incorporating fun and inquisitiveness into the KS3 and KS4 curriculum.
Your New Role.
You will be required to immerse yourself within a busy SEN department and provide support for pupils with a range of SEN needs. You may be required to take small groups out of lessons or work on a 1-1 basis with some pupils. You should expect to be involved in intervention programs and track or report findings to SENco. You will also be working within the Quality First Teaching framework and behaviour management methods in line with school policies. You will be given CPD training in line with the school calendar and be involved in the duty roster for the academic year. It is desirable that you are proficient in Literacy and Numeracy at KS3 and KS4 level, but not essential.
What you will need to succeed.
- Ability to work 1:1 and in a group setting.
- Strong commutation skills.
- Work constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to work alongside children with SEN / behavioural needs.
- Be fun, approachable, and energetic.
- Understand the secondary curriculum.
- Up-to-date DBS preferred.
What you will get in return.
By registering with Hays Education not only will you receive all the support you need from a DfE accredited recruitment expert, you will also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including
- Advice on CV writing and interview techniques.
- Access to free Professional Development Training.
- Access to permanent vacancies through the Hays PRP team.
- Option to join our guarantee scheme*.
- Competitive rates of pay and holiday pay.
- £250 reward vouchers when you recommend a colleague*.
What you need to do now.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job is not right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St.Helens,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A