Website Samsung Electronics UK
This Job Listing is about Samsung Electronics UK in Chertsey,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
The role of the European Marketing team is to make the Samsung brand and products desirable. Our remit stretches from brand, marketing, PR to Samsung.com, CRM, social media and retail.Samsung Europe comprises of 17 subsidiaries across Europe that represent billions in sales! To continue to drive growth in a hyper-competitive industry across mobile, consumer electronics and home appliances categories, we must identify new and innovative opportunities and implement strategic programmes to compete against other brands and maximise our business sales performance. We are the leading Consumer Electronics brand in the region in terms of recognition and most preferred by consumers. In the pursuit of global excellence, we are continuously looking for dynamic new leaders for the digital age of the 21st Century. Imagine a career working for a company who is passionate about its people. It is our people that make Samsung the leader in diverse marketplaces and the market innovator that drives technology. At Samsung Electronics, our products, our people and our approach to business are held to only the highest standards so that we can effectively contribute to a better world!
Role and Responsibilities
Your Key Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a brand-new team in our European Marketing Office. You’ll play a key part in supporting the shaping and building of various digital marketing programmes, so this role will require leadership and self-motivation. The role will help lead Pan-European programmes with colleagues and agencies across 15 European subsidiaries and headquarters in South Korea.
- To handle the Samsung Digital Asset Management system, known as the Samsung Marketing Cloud (SMC) for the Europe Office supporting European teams and all European Subsidiaries.
- As a new role for the Europe Office, the initial phase of this role will be to work with our European teams, Subsidiary SMC Managers and Subsidiary Product Divisions to help manage onboarding, training, platform configuration and support in asset migration from current platforms/file storage locations and onboarding of all users onto SMC.
- Ongoing, this role will be accountable for working alongside Subsidiary Mobile, TV, Home Appliances and Corporate Marketing teams including Retail, Channel, Product and Sales teams to maintain the structure, effectiveness and integrity of all digital assets, product information and marketing materials stored on SMC. Ensuring that assets are uploaded and stored in accordance with business rules.
- Core responsibilities include on boarding and training of SMC users, including Samsung staff, Retailers, Operators and Marketing Agencies.
- The European SMC Manager will also act as a trouble-shooter and provide guidance on the usage of the platform, including delivering monthly management information of the platform to key internal partners.
Skills and Qualifications
To be successful, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience of managing digital asset management platforms.
- Understanding key features of digital asset management platforms and management process within an FMCG brand or FMCG-focused digital/creative agency.
- Act as a quality manager for all content, ensuring it meets quality standards prior to inclusion on the platform. This includes taking ownership for ensuring all assets and information stored follows relevant business guidelines.
- Either directly coordinate or supervise the continual upload of assets to the platform, ensuring the application of the correct metadata is added to each marketing material and that those files are stored in the correct asset groups and locations.
- Organise and provide ongoing on boarding and training of new users. Update training materials when necessary (e.g. user guides and other platform documentation).
- Manage the user database and permissions as well as grant access to new users.
- Ensure the set-up and integrity of the platform’s workflows and business rules depending on user access rights (i.e. subsidiary staff, retailers, agencies, etc.).
- Conduct quarterly reviews of platform workflows and identify efficiencies for Product Category and Corporate Marketing teams.
- Act as a trouble-shooter and maintain a Samsung Marketing Cloud Issue and Change Request Log as well as facilitate the resolution of bugs on the platform by working directly with internal teams, regional offices and the platform vendor.
- Deliver monthly management information of the platform to key internal collaborators and provide beneficial insights.
Subsidiary Level: Product Category & Corporate Marketing Teams:
- Work with local teams to ensure operational consistency across Subsidiaries and obtain feedback on improvements to the overall operation of the platform. Respond to local team’s access requests, queries or issues.
Customers: Retailers & Operators:
- Respond to Retailer and operator user access requests and help to resolve any queries or issues.
- Respond to Agency user access requests and help to resolve queries / issues.
Essential Hard Skills:
- Solid understanding of software and technology that supports marketing operations.
- Knowledge of different file types and their utilisation in marketing and sales.
- Knowledge of template construction and e-publishing environments.
- Ability to generate, interpret and present critical management information.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience in corporate environment.
- Excellent communications skills, written and spoken.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Project management skills.
- Experience working with and influencing cross functional teams.
- Presentation and document writing skills.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Capability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Ability to form relationships quickly and establish trust.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Fast learner and willingness to take on additional tasks as and when required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, get key messages across succinctly and work with others.
What does success look like?
What this person needs to have in order to succeed in this role:
- Demonstrated ability to organise and keep up-to-date roadmaps and workstream plans.
- Build their own network of relationships and contacts across European teams and Subsidiaries to help drive the SMC programme forward.
What does success look like in the first 6 – 12 months?
Taking full ownership of their area of responsibility and associated workstreams as well as a demonstrated ability to quickly kick off new workstreams and lead them to success.
How will success be measured?
Positive feedback from internal partners, delivering quality outputs and meeting agreed European objectives/deadlines.
What will be achieved in daily/weekly activities?
Internal stakeholder management, agency management and scheduled/ad-hoc programme and workstream reporting.
What behaviours will be shown?
Pro activeness, diligence and resilience as well as a positive and can-do attitude, calm and self-motivated.