Website Samsung Electronics UK
This Job Listing is about Samsung Electronics UK in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Samsung Ads is responsible for identifying, valuating and determining new opportunities within the digital media and advertising industry with the goal of creating scalable services and businesses on top of the global footprint of European Samsung Smart TVs. The team is working to bring value for partners, advertisers, and agencies through its unique insights into TV viewership in the shifting media landscape!We are a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world class advertising organisation with a steadfast focus delivering real results to customersHaving won AdAge Best Places to Work Award 2020, we are looking for a person who likes early stage opportunities and would like to join a rapidly growing team to help define the next chapter within a nascent hyper growth advertising business.
Role and Responsibilities
This role sits in the ESBO Analytics & Insights team. The team is focused on delivering campaign and marketing insights reports. It is currently focused on automating reports to bring scalable solutions to the business. This role is mainly focused on custom campaign and market insights, and also contributing to finding patterns and contributing to automation.
We are looking for a confident individual with strong SQL skills and Python knowledge who understands the importance of communication, solutions and delivery. You should have a passion for solving problems, identifying solutions, leading projects, and working in cross-functional teams. If you love, being in the hot seat with the opportunity to be a hero, we’d love to meet you!
This senior analyst will report to the Data Analysis manager. If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising organisation with a steadfast focus delivering real results to customers, you’ve come to the right place.
You have a solid understanding of SQL and Python automation. Sophisticated TV and insights-based advertising experience a plus. The Senior Analyst is expected to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
Lastly, you will also work closely with teams around the world to ensure we are getting the proper support to grow the business.
What this role will achieve
Core to the role is translating CTV campaign insights and ad hoc viewership, audience profile, or other analysis requirements into significant queries and scripts to pull data from our media consumption databases. Once the analysis is completed, you will then help craft the narrative for business and clients to understand the results. This is a key role to drive to contribute to drive the business forward, as it helps Sales and Marketing to demonstrate the value of advertising with Samsung Ads.
You will explore data to find trends and identify new opportunities for the organisation. In addition, you will help improve and automate current code base.
Ideally, you are organised, detailed oriented, flexible and possess ability to establish priorities with minimal guidance in a fast paced environment – be proactive, analytical problem solver and strategist, who is able to draw conclusions- not just report the data.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into meaningful set of SQL queries for Ad Hoc analysis and new reporting solutions, and particularly related to CTV ad insights campaigns. The overall aim is to use data to demonstrate the value of advertising with Samsung Ads to our clients.
- Explore data to identify trends and anomalies, develop new analytical capabilities/solutions, and find new monetization opportunities
- Transform and cleanse outputs from data warehouse into meaningful analysis for business/sales teams
- Summarise analyses into PowerPoint presentations or formatted Excel reports
- Help explain analysis results to business team
- Automate and optimise current code base, will be owner for some specific audience dashboards to support client service management.
- Collaborate with other analytics teams to develop and improve our current solutions
- Collaborate with product teams to identify new data solutions improve our current offer
- Aid in documentation overall, be responsible for documentation in new project owned
- Collaborate to refine methodology and calculations
Skills and Qualifications
To be successful, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
– Data Analyst
– Business Analyst
– Data Scientist
– Ad operations (if includes campaign insights)
– Extensive using SQL full time
– Extensive experience working in an agency or company leading media analytics
– Exposure to Automation, preferably with Python
– Experience working with large relational databases
– Demonstrated expertise in connecting various sources of data (across digital media channels or platforms) to create a holistic view of integrated campaign performance
– Experience with statistical analysis/tools
– Familiarity with media, Digital / Mobile /TV measurement
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Experience with ad tech and digital media ops
– Insights led story telling experience
– A high degree of analytical expertise is crucial, along with the ability to communicate test results in basic terms for consumption of non-technical colleagues.
– Willing to work collaboratively with non-technical teams and learn new concepts
– Degree in computer science/engineering or quantitative discipline (Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics). Masters Preferred.
– Experience working with Domo and Tableau
– Exposure to AWS Redshift or PostgreSQL
– Experience with AWS tools such as EC2 and S3
– Jira, Confluence, GitHub and other agile development tool experience
– Experience working with a DMP
– Experience with data visualisation
– Familiarity with Digital Marketing
– Familiarity using Python for data manipulation/cleansing
– Experience working with Salesforce
What does success look like?
– A love for data and statistics, for example exploring data for fun, find patterns, create norms for campaign insights report results. You are curious and take initiatives on finding new insights, new angles are looking at the data and deep dive into the meanings of campaign insights results. Support the development of reporting capacities for all types of campaigns, particularly to develop the capacities of programmatic campaign insights reporting.
– You have a passion to test and learn in a fast paced environment, your curiosity is outstanding. You love communicating your new findings to the Analytics & Insights team, as well as to ESBO (European ad business) stakeholders.
– Help build a data-informed culture – provide decisions makers with the information they need when they need it and in a way they can trust and act on.
– Experience building and optimising queries to bring data to CSM, Sales and Marketing accurately and efficiently. A passion for digital or TV advertising a bonus.
– Experience to develop strategic relationships with all areas of the business. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues, then assist, collaborate with, and teach the teams how decisions affect efficiency, scalability, new mechanisms as they are needed.