Website Royal HaskoningDHV
This Job Listing is about Royal HaskoningDHV in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work under-pinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy, leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve
A little background on our Maritime Team:
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development, and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals and engineers globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies, master plans and designs.
A little background on our Control System Team:
Royal HaskoningDHV have a dedicated Control system team specialising in providing expert technical advice to the global maritime market.
We specialise in the feasibility, design, and specification of a wide range of control systems technologies within Ports, Shipyards and Container Terminals.
Our control engineers develop control schemes for moving structures which often have additional complexities because of their size and the personnel entrapment risks they present. Hazards from this type of machinery can result from systematic design faults and random hardware failures as well as human error arising from operational and maintenance activities.
Therefore, special design approaches are adopted such as the identification of ‘Safety Functions’ which are implemented in the control system to ensure that the machinery meets the required performance target commensurate with the level of risk.
Installations such as flood pumping stations and flood impounding gates can result in consequential injury and financial consequences if they fail to operate as desired in response to an event. Correct specification and design are essential to ensure adequate reliability and availability is provided.
Within the UK and EU there is legislation which must be complied with by all manufactures and end-users (operators). RHDHV have developed knowledge and expertise in this field and have a proven track record of assisting clients in the design, procurement, installation and operation activities of machinery.
We provide consultancy and design services relating to the following systems:
- Sea Port Passenger Access Systems / ship to shore passenger walkways
- Ro-Ro linkspans
- Lift bridges and swing bridges
- Dock and lock gates (inland and coastal))
- Flood gates, barriers, weirs, penstocks, sluices valves
- Winches, capstans and winched hauling machinery
- Dry Dock Pumphouse Control Systems including Automatic, Semi-Automatic and manual Control Sequences
- Field Instrumentation selection and specification
- Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Power Management System (PMS)
- Fuel Transfer Control Systems (Bunkering)
- Functional Safety Systems
- Emergency Shutdowns System (ESD)
Responsibilities as a Controls Engineer (Graduate)
In this versatile and dynamic role, you will work within the Control System team, designing scopes on UK and global projects within the maritime sector. Projects include both greenfield and brownfield projects within ports, shipyards, container terminals and other maritime environments both in-land and coastal.
Duties will include:
- Support of colleagues in delivering the Control System Project Scope.
- Prepare designs for Control Systems, from initial concepts through to developed designs.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to find the best technical solutions
- Condition surveys of machinery / moving structures
- Participation in client meetings relating to the Controls discipline
- Collaborate with our Revit Technicians to develop a 3D Revit model in line with the project requirements
- Development of Control system performance specifications
- Development of Control system tender design packages
- Co-Ordination the Control system scopes with other engineering disciplines
- Support Apprentices in their development
The role will be based in one of our UK offices but will be hybrid in nature, incorporating office and home working. We are flexible with regard location for the right candidate.
Our key Maritime offices are:
Leeds, Newcastle, Exeter, Brighton, Edinburgh, London, Peterborough and Liverpool.
As our team is located throughout the UK travel between offices will be required to meet the project demands. The role may also require occasional travel to client offices / project sites both in the UK and overseas.
For this role you should have:
- A desire to develop within a global consultancy design team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Have a desire to become a Functional Safety Professional
- Have a drive to be become chartered with the IET at CEng or IEng level
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to Enhancing Society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.