Website Royal HaskoningDHV
This Job Listing is about Royal HaskoningDHV in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work under-pinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy, leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
A little background on our Maritime Team:
Royal HaskoningDHV are at the forefront of innovative maritime planning, design and development, and our teams of multi-disciplinary experts have assisted our international clientele to create successful ports and maritime infrastructure worldwide. We have provided expert commercial, technical and operational advice and created master plans across the five continents for a wide range of port projects.
We are one of the largest and most experienced teams of port planning professionals and engineers globally and we are world leaders in the production of port feasibility studies, master plans and designs.
A little background on our Mechanical Engineering Team:
Royal HaskoningDHV have a dedicated Mechanical Engineering team specialising in providing expert technical advice to the global maritime market.
We provide consultancy and design services to the global maritime market. We specialise in the feasibility, design, and specification of a wide range of mechanical equipment packages and systems within Ports, Shipyards and Container Terminals.
Our design services include design of the following systems:
- Hydraulic Fluid Power system
- Water pumping and conveyance systems
- Shipyard Dock Furniture and utility systems
- Firefighting Systems
- Flood Defence systems
- Water ballasting Systems
- Roll-on / Roll-ff (ro-ro) Ferry Linkspan Bridges
- Cruise Liner Terminal Passenger Boarding Bridges
- Pipework, valves and fittings
- Lock and Dock Gates
- Fuel storage and distribution
- Water treatment
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Provisions
- Renewables and Resource Recycling
What you will do as Graduate Mechanical Engineer
In this versatile and dynamic role, you will participate in a variety of the Mechanical Engineering activities on global projects within the maritime.There will be opportunities for on the job learning and formal training.
Project includes both greenfield and brownfield projects within ports, shipyards, and container terminals.
Duties will include:
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications, and reports
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings and Revit models for mechanical systems
- Carry out investigations, surveys, and inspections
- Assist in project control and site supervision as required
- Plan, organise and manage work packages or projects
- Share knowledge and expertise
- Understand the client needs and focus on client satisfaction
- Understand and manage work around commercial constrains and pressures
- Communicate and co-operate with colleagues and project team members
- Liaise and attend meetings with internal and external clients
- Visit clients, other Royal HaskoningDHV offices and site to undertake duties
- Collaborate with our Revit Technicians to develop a 3D Revit model in line with the project requirements
- Travel in the UK and abroad for short assignments (as per project requirements)
- Liaise and communicate with senior and more experienced colleagues
- Undertake continuous professional development to satisfy the IMechE
- Enthusiasm to join RHDHV’s Professional Development Scheme for Mechanical Engineers and work towards Professional Registration with the IMechE at Chartered or Incorporated Engineer level
The role will be based in one of our UK offices where our mechanical teams are based but will be hybrid in nature, incorporating office and home working. We are looking for candidates for our Edinburgh, Peterborough, Leeds, and Liverpool offices. We may be flexible with regard location for the right candidate.
As our team is spread across the UK, travel between offices will be required along with occasional travel to client offices in the UK and abroad.
This role might be right for you if you have:
- A desire to develop within a global consultancy design team
- Broad Mechanical Knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills, an enthusiasm to take responsibility and to work closely with clients
- Practical experience of CAD/3D Modelling
- Understanding of BIM concepts
- Broad mechanical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Self-motivation and are always looking for a new challenge
- Experience in standard Microsoft packages: Words, Excel, etc.
- Full Driving Licence and willingness to travel
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to Enhancing Society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
You will work on global issues such as climate change challenges. We can offer you the steppingstone in your career and most importantly Enhancing Society Together! You will meet other graduates during our training scheme and be able to make your own networks and develop your career. You will have the opportunity to meet our current graduates during the interview process, so, if this sounds like you why not apply?