This Job Listing is about Hays in Tonbridge,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Residential Support Worker for Student Residential accommodation at a college located in Tonbridge.
Your new company
A fantastic college that offers a wide range of course including Agriculture (livestock, arable, fruit and vegetables), Horticulture (glasshouse production, fruit and vegetables, viticulture, greenkeeping and ornamental production), Gardening, Agricultural Engineering, Aquaculture & Fisheries Management, Equine, Animal Management, and Floristry, to suit the needs of many different students
Your new role
Reporting to the Student Residential Manager, the Residential Support Officer will have responsibility for supporting residential students. You will be part of a team providing 24-hour support, seven days a week, and intervention that ensures the physical safety and wellbeing of students living in residential accommodation. You will liaise with colleagues from Estates, Student Support and the curriculum to ensure the holistic wellbeing of residents. Working 37 hours per week, to be worked on a shift rota basis including evenings, nights and weekends (either 40 weeks per year during term time or 52 weeks per year).
Duties Will Include
- Being fully aware of the statutory guidance set out by the National Minimum Standards for the accommodation of students under 18 by further education colleges and the Ofsted inspection framework for inspecting residential provision in further education colleges. Highlighting to the Student Residential Manager any standard where the college may be at risk of non-compliance and recommend and implement improvements where necessary and contributing to the preparation for the Ofsted inspection of under 18 accommodation provision.
- Following and promoting the statutory guidance set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education and other relevant legislation for the accommodation, safeguarding and welfare of young people under 18.
- Actively promoting safeguarding in all areas of provision, including the wider College, and participating as a member of the Residential team to provide students with a secure environment in which to live, study and socialise.
- Maintaining regular safeguarding updates and formal refresher training every two years. Where relevant, undertake all duties within the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) role.
- Being responsible for the nightly residential curfew checks ensuring all under 18 students are back in their own accommodation blocks by 10:30pm.
- Whilst being on shift being responsible for student welfare and making referrals for specialist information, advice and guidance to the appropriate college team.
- Work with a caseload of residential students to provide personal and social education that helps develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for independent living and for life beyond college. Liaise with students and their parents/ guardians as necessary, ensuring that students are fully supported.
- Complete block checks of communal areas daily. Complete weekly room checks of the accommodation blocks allocated to you.
- Complete Block meetings and record learner voice and take action as appropriate.
- Monitor student attendance and progress on their course, working with curriculum staff and Additional Learning Support to help students fully achieve their academic study programme targets.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Up to date safeguarding training.
- First Aid qualification or the willingness to obtain within the first 12 months of employment.
- Level 2 in English and maths.
- Professional / Vocational qualification L3 or equivalent.
- Customer focussed, through a “can do” attitude.
- Consistent and reliable.
- A collaborative, supportive and tolerant approach.
- Reflective, and embraces new initiatives in order to improve performance.
- Strong administrative and IT skills (Microsoft Office) and the ability to utilise and maintain electronic records.
What You’ll Get In Return
- 28 days annual leave.
- Reward and recognition.
What You Need To Do Now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4293046
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tonbridge,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A