This listing is about Qualcomm in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Company:Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
Where you will be working
Cambridge, located in the East of England, 50 miles north of London, is a unique and beautiful city, renowned for its world-class university and the thriving cluster of high technology businesses that have grown up around it. Cambridge is well served by road and rail links, and is within easy distance of the major London airports
At our Cambridge site we are focused on pioneering IoT and automotive technologies, with engineering areas of excellence including, Analogue and Digital Design, Voice and Music (Hardware, Software, OEM Support, Innovation).
Cambridge is our largest office in the UK, with more than 600 team members including engineers, business strategists and support staff.
Equal Opportunities & Equal Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cambridge have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us.
What’s On Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
Qualcomm encourages a healthy work-life balance. We now offer flexible options tailored to our employees needs. These include a combination of working at home and from our Cambridge site, as well as flexi-times around a 37 hour week.
About The Role
The role of a Senior Engineer, Analogue Design is to act as a key contributor to the design, implementation and verification of the complex analogue blocks and subsystems of Qualcomm’s range of voice and music chips. In addition to contributing to the specification, design and verification of the blocks using appropriate tools, a Senior Engineer will contribute to the macro level architectures and the definition of new features and market driven enhancements for Qualcomm’s chips.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex environment;
- Definition of the architecture and design of the complex analogue blocks like ADC, DAC, amplifiers etc. Plan and execute the development of the blocks providing the necessary documentation to different departments for the characterisation of the block.
- Responsible for the delivering the fully verified blocks and may get involved in the verification of full subsystems within the Analogue section of a chip;
- Solves complex problems in a tightly constrained environment;
- Fully competent in Analogue design for complex sub-cells and small subsystems;
- Keeps abreast of new developments and is technical expert in the design of analogue sub-cells;
- Ensures quality of the solution; works with macro lead to ensure timely delivery of subsystems
Skills And Experience We Would Love To See
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in Maths/Science/Electronics
- Good understanding of the analogue design.
- Ability to coordinate with different groups and define the requirements
- Experience in the design of various analogue blocks
Ideally You Would Have Experience Of The Following
- Fully competent in Analogue design and verification techniques
- Fully competent in the use of Cadence and Mentor analogue design and verification tools
- Knowledge of Matlab and other system design tools for defining the architecture and specification of the blocks is a plus.
- Good team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Science
Bachelors – Computer Engineering, Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Electrical Engineering
6+ months experience with design verification methods. ,6+ months experience with scripting tools and programming languages. ,6+ months experience with architecture and design tools.
ASIC Verification, Matlab C, Multicore System-On-Chip (SoC), Perl Programming, Simulation Software
- References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers .
Job Location: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org