Website Quaker Houghton
This Job Listing is about Quaker Houghton in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
About the Opportunity:
We have an opportunity for a Junior QCS Technician at Surface Technology, based in Leeds, UK with occasional travel to other sites.
What will you do?
The Junior QCS Technician will report to the QHSE Manager, the primary role is responsibility for supporting the Operational Management in product Quality Control & Assurance for the site. This includes compliance with the company ISO9001 QMS and to customer specifications and requirements.
The secondary role is to support the Operational Management in Site Safety and compliance of the company ISO45001 Health & Safety management system.
- Responsible for in process inspection functions, certification and final inspection support.
- Provide support to the QC Function during third party inspection/surveillance visits by customers and their representatives.
- Interface with Operations to ensure the flow of production through to despatch.
- Support the Principle Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant customer requirements and the requirements of the quality management system.
- Support the Principle Inspectors to ensure that all required in-process and final inspection and testing records are documented and maintained.
- Support in the investigation and analysis of non-conformance and the development of corrective and preventive actions to respond to customer complaints.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as paint reports quality data, customer inspection reports, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Any other inspection /quality functions as required.
- Support the Operational Management with compliance to H&S Law and the Company H&S Management System.
- Any other reasonable duties.
What do we look for?
- Work experience in industrial, manufacturing, metal fabrication or Quality Control environment.
- NACE or ICORR level 1 Coating Inspector accreditation would be an advantage but not essential and the job will require willingness to train to achieve Level 1, 2 and 3 over a number of years, as experience grows.
- Knowledge of basic health & safety.
- Confident in communicating with customers and colleagues.
- Computer literate.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Quaker Houghton University
- Competitive Overtime Rates
Who are we?
Surface Technology is a Quaker Houghton company and supports other businesses in the group including NHE, Ultraseal International, Sifco ASC and other Surface Technology sites.