Website Quaker Houghton
This Job Listing is about Quaker Houghton in Aberdeen,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
About the Opportunity:
We have an opportunity for a Machine Operative (UK) at Surface Technology a Quaker Houghton company, based in Aberdeen, UK with occasional travel to other sites.
What will you do?
The Machine Operative will report to the Operations Manager and where the objective is the production of customer components to recognised Surface Technology standards.
- Operate lathe(s), grinding machine(s), lapping machine(s), polishing machine(s) as required.
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance of the machines
- Maintain machine logbooks.
- Ensure adequate stock of consumable parts, cutting tips, cutters, grinding wheels etc.
- Assist the Workshop Supervisor with production planning when required.
- Make efficient use of company resources.
- Contribute ideas to improve productivity and performance.
- You will be required to carry out any additional duties that the Directors consider to be within your range of capabilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Any other reasonable duties
- Ensure understanding of, compliance with and actively contributing to the progressive improvement of all documented controls and processes, including Procedures, Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments, developed to reduce the likelihood of harm to people, property and the environment to as low a level as is reasonably practicable.
- Take personal and legal responsibility for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or don’t do.
- Actively intervene in any unsafe act or condition that may be identified.
- Co-operate with the Management Team so far as is necessary to ensure that the requirements defined by the Health and Safety management system are performed or complied with.
- Ensure that any PPE issued or made available is used, maintained correctly and any loss or damage is minimised.
- Immediately reporting any unsafe or potentially unsafe acts or conditions to your Supervisor or any member of the Management Team.
- Immediately report any errors, omissions or potential improvements identified in the Health and Safety management system, controls or processes.
- Comply with all Client Health and Safety controls, processes and other requirements on Client work sites.
What do we look for?
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Use measuring equipment micrometres
- Operate manual lathe
- Operate cylindrical and surface grinders
- 3 years’ experience working under own initiative
- An awareness of Health and Safety regulations is required
- Turning and grinding time served or experience working in machine shop.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Experience in coatings industry Thermal spray – powder or paint
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Company contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Competitive Overtime Rates
Who are we?
Surface Technology is a Quaker Houghton company and supports other businesses in the group including NHE, Ultraseal International, Sifco ASC and other Surface Technology sites.