This Job Listing is about MUBI in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
Reporting to: Publishing Manager
MUBI stands for great cinema. At MUBI, we have a clear mission. We produce, acquire, distribute and curate the best cinema from around the world and give more people the opportunity to experience it.
We currently have a team of 250 passionate professionals, extraordinary at what they do and highly effective collaborators. We are working from all over the world including London, New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Rome, Bologna, Vienna, Berlin, Cologne and Istanbul. We all believe great cinema is necessary, universal and inclusive.
Our company keeps growing and, therefore, we are looking for a new colleague to provide essential business support to Notebook magazine and other MUBI publishing initiatives that may emerge via a dedicated publishing operations and administrative role.
- Collaborate and confer with the Publishing Manager to ensure print planning and preparations run smoothly
- Handle a variety of inquiries from internal or external parties, including providing information on timelines and processes
- Work with the Publishing Manager and Editorial Coordinator to check revised proofs and carefully vet manuscripts prior to transfer to production
Distribution and Fulfillment
- Act as main point of contact for external or internal requests such as sales enquiries, fulfillment operations, and magazine data
- Serve as the liaison between MUBI and current and/or prospective stockists
- Monitor and handle day-to-day publishing administration responsibilities under the direction of the Publishing Manager
- Liaise with Finance department on budgets, expenditures, and revenues
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in the humanities, sciences, or business
- Minimum least two years experience in publishing operations
- Proven project coordination ability
- Strong organizational skills as well as good language and communication skills
- Comfortable with numbers and spreadsheets and familiar with standard business practices
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple responsibilities that will include budgeting, preparing contracts, and scheduling
- A keen interest in cinema, publishing, and in MUBI publishing initiatives
Please note that this is a publishing and administrative role, not an editorial role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A