Website HM Revenue & Customs
This Job Listing is about HM Revenue & Customs in Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
Salary: £34,404- £36,985 (NATIONAL)
£39,111 – £42,057 (London)
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us, and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success, and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
Are you a Project Delivery Professional looking to work on some of the biggest, most exciting and sophisticated projects in the UK?
Where it fits with your role, you’ll have the opportunity to work from home for two days per week, or more where the business agrees.
This is a fast-paced environment, but we recognise the value of a work life balance for our people. You will not just be part of a team but a community that supports each other.
Our Project Planners play a crucial role in driving forward the ground-breaking change needed to achieve the future shape of HMRC. This is an exciting opportunity to join our diverse Project Delivery community as we continue to earn our place as one of the best project delivery departments across Government.
The role of the Project Planner is to work with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the project are defined.
The planner provides clarity on key milestones to define what, when and how activities will be organised to ensure the outcomes of a project can be achieved, with the resources available.
They lead on all aspects of project planning, which will include the development, updating and monitoring of plans and schedules.
They identify tasks, activities, interdependencies and outputs for the project and work with the project team to track and monitor progress against the plan throughout the life of the project.
- Assist with planning activity and work with the project to support delivery of the business case benefits and outcomes. Use best practice in planning and reporting. Provide expert advice for team members and project community.
- Challenge and test project assumptions to ensure that plans are realistic and achievable. Develop of Work Breakdown Structures, quality criteria, product descriptions and monitoring strategy. Support the project manager to identify options to optimise delivery through resource smoothing, resource levelling and rescheduling of activities.
- Assist with identifying and deployment of planning resources. Identify and plan for wider resource requirements for the project.
- Ensure that stakeholder responsibilities and needs are understood and addressed in reporting arrangements. Develops peer networks across the department.
- Monitor and analyse information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Provide advice on planning processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Experience of working in a Project or Programme.
- Must be competent in using an industry standard scheduling tool such as MS Project, Oracle, Primavera or Service Now, together with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Company: HM Revenue & Customs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A