This listing is about PQShield in United Kingdom
About the job
PQShield is a spinout from the University of Oxford specialising in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers. Our cryptosystems will ensure unparalleled internet security and data protection on a global scale across several industries – keeping us all safe as quantum computing technology develops.
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams in the Netherlands and France, our quantum-secure cryptographic solutions work with companies’ legacy systems to protect devices and sensitive data now and for years to come.
We are a well-funded and highly innovative deep tech company that considers our people to be our most important assets, and so our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation, and reward. We promote openness and flexibility, resulting in a friendly, family like environment.
Our corporate social responsibility centres around making sure our products are used in a constructive and positive way – we would like to think that our products will contribute to the greater good rather than be just another money-making commodity.
About the role
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to take on responsibility for our servers, infrastructure and network security – helping us take PQShield to the next level as we expand internationally.
We are a fast growing but small team, and you will be the first dedicated member of the Infrastructure & Security Team, which means this role will be very hands-on, but at the same time you’ll be helping to develop the long-term strategy of the team and business. You’ll get to work closely with many people across the company, especially the R&D and Operations teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing our existing development servers – these are physical machines running Linux (CentOS 7.9, Debian and Ubuntu) and Mac OS.
- Managing our virtual servers which are currently Linux based.
- Working with the R&D Teams and the VP Operations to develop and implement a scalable server strategy as the company grows.
- Managing our network infrastructure and IT security across the company.
- Implementing new servers and equipment when capacity is required – both virtual and physical (either in our offices or at a co-located site).
- Working with our suppliers to procure new equipment when required.
- Installing our industry specific tooling and configuring scheduling systems to manage jobs across a small computing cluster.
- Managing local machines and endpoint security.
- Setting up local machines and supporting our team with them from time-to-time.
- Working with managed IT service providers on IT and security projects.
- You have great Linux administration skills (including Ubuntu, CentOS and Debian based distributions).
- You like to be hands-on – scripting, configuring, installing things.
- You have experience building Docker images, running their associated CI jobs and connecting to GitHub.
- You are very comfortable with Python and Shell scripting.
- You have experience working with networks and troubleshooting network problems.
- You are experienced in network security – including configuration of firewalls and appropriate security policies.
- You like getting stuff done, building and improving things, and have a ‘no job too small’ attitude.
Nice to have
- Red Hat Certified.
- Business proficiency in French.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget.
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- 50% gym membership discount.
- The chance to work with a really nice, smart and friendly team!
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A