This listing is about Pollen in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Pollen is on a mission to build, curate and deliver the best experiences all over the world. We want to give people a bigger life. When our members think back 10 years over their best memories, we want to be responsible for 3 of the 5 best ones.
We think we can transform the way experiences are curated and executed by evolving from art-led to science-led as we scale. Data, science and technology are at the centre of this evolution and the Product Management team makes a critical contribution in researching, framing, planning, prioritising and delivering initiatives that support Pollen’s Northstar goals.
“We are limited only by our imagination” – Ron Garon
We’re on the hunt for our first Data Platform Product Manager who’ll help us evolve a world class data platform that supercharges learning and insights at Pollen.
Data Platform Product Managers at Pollen develop an intimate understanding of current and future data consumption needs. They use this knowledge alongside a strong grasp of technical architecture and data infrastructure principles to create and maintain extensible, scalable and reliable data products and services.
They apply a product oriented approach to scope, understand and prioritise development across:
- Data Collection, Orchestration and Transformation
- Data Storage
- Data Governance & Privacy
- Data Observability
- Data Reliability
- Usage & Performance Insights
This enables analytics engineers, data scientists and analysts to easily build downstream products and services that further amplify the value of our data and drive learning.
What You’ll Do In 12 Months
- Develop a detailed understanding of user needs
- You’ll undertake discovery to build upon our current knowledge of the user base and their needs (both current and future). With this, you’ll develop specific products and tools that accelerate and amplify data consumption.
- Success will be measured through the publication of detailed user profiles and/or research documents for each group that are then used to classify initiatives and help the team inform design approaches. These might be personas, Jobs to be done statements, problem statements and other artefacts.
- Craft and circulate a data platform vision and strategy
- You’ll assess Pollen’s strategic goals and how these can be accelerated through data platform initiatives. With this insight, you’ll partner with the team to craft a product vision that outlines targeted outcomes alongside a strategy for how you will achieve them.
- Success will be measured against the clarity of understanding and support for this vision both within the data platform team but also amongst your primary use base of analysts, data scientists and analytics engineers.
- Take ownership and prioritise Data Platform integration needs
- As the company scales it’s adoption of a wide range of source systems means that there is an ever present need for new data to be securely and efficiently onboarded into the data platform.
- Success will be measured by the percentage of Pollen data sources that are already ingested into Snowflake with each source meeting respective accuracy, recency and availability SLOs.
- Coach and advise stakeholders:
- You’ll partner with the analytics product manager to evangelise important data quality and reliability concepts, ensuring data creators and data consumers in other teams make changes responsibly with an appreciation of how they impact the value of data.
- Success will be measured against the number of incidents and time spent correcting problems that were generated as a result source system changes (e.g. table schema changes or functionality changes)
- Find your stretch!
- Product Managers at Pollen own their results (e.g. those above) and from there can look to specialise within technical streams such as machine learning or focus in on product craft skills needed for more complex initiatives.
- Your stretch is completely up to you!
What you’ll love
- Running deep and focused user research, building amazing relationships and working with technical users to deliver products and services that upgrade them to awesome.
- Building products with awesome data and ML technologies including Snowflake , dbt , Airflow in a cloud services environment configured with Terraform
- Being in a fast growing organisation built on the drivers of intrinsic motivation — Freedom & Ownership, Mastery and Belonging — and loving what you do
- Embracing a passion for learning, fostering a growth mindset and overcoming limiting beliefs so you become 10x better as an engineer than when you joined
- Getting to know more about what gives you energy, what you’re really good at and being supported by an experienced development champion as you pursue further data mastery and drive your own development
Enjoy the freedom to work where you need, when you need, taking as many holidays as you need so you can stay motivated and achieve your results in the best way possible
About Our Culture
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture .
- Read our CEO’s open letter about our focus on Belonging , and about the mission of our women’s programme Illuminate .
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
Find out more about our culture and life at Pollen on Instagram .
Pollen builds, curates, and delivers the best travel experiences using technology, a network of global partners, and a data-driven customer-led mindset – pairing world class entertainment with the world’s most exciting destinations.
Pollen brings you all the best experiences on pollen.co . We have two offerings: Pollen Presents and Pollen+. Pollen Presents curates experiences around your tastes and preferences you can’t find anywhere else. These experiences bring together music, sports, wellness and beyond to enable you and your friends to connect around one-of-a-kind itineraries in exciting destinations. Pollen+ always gets you more at music festivals and events when you book through us. Pollen+ partners with the biggest promoter brands and music festivals, including We Are FSTVL, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, C3, Electric Zoo, Live Nation and more.
Pollen was founded in 2014 by brothers Callum & Liam Negus-Fancey. Pollen is backed by prominent investors including Kindred, Northzone, Sienna Capital, Backed and Draper Spirit. Pollen has raised over $100 million in VC funding.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Streetteam Software Limited t/a Pollen (“Controller”), which is located at 3 Loughborough Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5RB and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] . Controller’s privacy officer is Stephanie Ng-Fragner, who can be contacted at [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] .
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. In the event that you are unsuccessful during the recruitment process, your personal data will still be retained by Controller for up to a year for the purposes of assessing your application for future vacancies. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. Please notify us if you would like your personal data erased. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org