This listing is about PharmiWebJobs in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, United Kingdom
About the job
Simbec-Orion is a responsive and agile full-service CRO, with wide therapeutic experience and specialist expertise in clinical pharmacology, oncology and rare diseases. Perfectly structured, we provide full-service clinical development solutions for small and mid-size drug developers – headed up by a centralised leadership team.
With a focus on tailormade and scalable solutions, we’ll adapt our delivery style, communications and operations to suit the demands of the project, helping clients achieve their clinical and commercial objectives. Because our goal is the same as theirs; to improve patients’ lives.
Summary Of The Position
We are looking for a Screening Physiologist to join our Enrolment Services department. This is a 12 month contract.
You will assist in the undertaking of medical screening of healthy volunteers and patients to assess their suitability for participation in Phase 1 Clinical Trials/Studies conducted by Simbec-Orion. Screening activities are performed in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and following current requirements and guidelines surrounding Phase I Clinical Research.
You will work closely with the wider Enrolment Services team to achieve screening targets and objectives. Delivers information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to engage volunteers in the research being conducted and ensure that volunteers and patients’ welfare is put first.
- Conduct all screening procedures and assessments (i.e. Body Composition, Blood Pressure, Resting Electrocardiographs, Spirometry, Urine Collection and Phlebotomy) on potential clinical trial volunteers according to protocol-specific requirements and clinical trial guidelines.
- Responsible for capturing and entering volunteer screening data in paper format and on various electronic data capture systems and databases as required and liaise with the various members of the Enrolment, Clinical and Project Management teams regarding procedures, updates and training in the use of these systems.
- Perform quality control (QC) activities on all electronic and paper source documentation (Report forms, Consent forms, Volunteer Master files etc.) to ensure that all data and information has been capture according to the trial protocol and Simbec-Orion`s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Liaise with a variety of potential volunteers and patients, providing a high level of medical professionalism and provide all volunteers with the appropriate information whilst attending the clinical unit for screening for participation in Simbec-Orion’s Phase I Trials or Studies.
- Attend regular Immediate Life Support (ILS) training sessions and scenarios to ensure knowledge is up to date and certification is valid whilst working in the clinical unit.
- Conduct regular checks on screening stock levels (i.e. day to day consumables, swabs, electrodes, blood tubes, needles etc.) in Enrolment Services to ensure all stock is fit for use and replacee-order if required.
- Perform weekly checks on Defibrillator and Oxygen, to ensure the equipment is ready for use and ensure the appropriate logs are updated.
- University degree within a Life Science, Biomedical, Sport Science related field or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, volunteers and patients and the ability to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a team environment and independently as required.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- English language – fluent, written and spoken, Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, Office 365.
- Experience or exposure to anatomical and physiological measurements: body composition, blood pressure spirometry, resting ECGs
- Understanding of the General Data Protection (GDPR) legislation when handling personal information.
- Previous experience of data collection and entering onto a variety of computerised systems.
- Experience working with scientific methods, protocols and documentation.
- Experience of working with and to strict Standard Operating Procedures in a clinical or research environment.
- Current Basic Life Support qualification
Simbec-Orion Job Profile – Screening Physiologist.docx
Simbec-Orion is an equal opportunity employer. Simbec-Orion will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location: Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org