Website Metro Bank (UK)
This Job Listing is about Metro Bank (UK) in London, England, Vereinigtes Königreich 2022
Are you fanatical about colleague experience, and always looking at ways to make improvements for your colleagues? Are you inquisitive and always asking why? Can you influence your peers and create excitement around what you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an HR Business Partner at Metro Bank, you will work closely with business leaders to ensure that we have great colleagues with the right capabilities in place across the business. You will do this by developing and implementing people plans that enable these business areas to achieve their objectives and support the delivery of the wider people plan. You will also be the face of the People team for your business areas, supporting key people processes, proposing positive people solutions to organisational challenges, providing expert guidance and coaching on colleague related matters, and role modelling our amazing culture to ensure we are enhancing the colleague experience and creating fans.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer hybrid working. Please ask your recruiter for details for this role.
So what would you be doing?…
- You will be our people person for one or more of our business areas – across our Retail or Operations teams
- Developing trusted relationships with your senior leaders to drive and influence positive change
- Designing, developing and implementing people plans that are aligned to business needs and to the wider people team priorities
- Challenging your leaders and your peers to make sure we are always thinking ahead and looking for opportunities to improve
- Providing expert advice across a range of people topics, you will be a go to person for all things people
- Working on projects with centres of excellence to deliver the wider people plan, with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
- Using people related MI to draw insight and identify and implement actions that improve the colleague experience
You need to be this kind of person…
- Interested in how the People agenda can support commercial goals
- Passionate about people and making the colleague experience the best it can be
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- We are looking for someone with good experience in HR partnering in large and fast paced environments
- You will have experience delivering change in complex environments, and be able to demonstrate how you influence others to support this
- You will ideally know how to develop and implement people plans and be able to deliver these business wide plans across your business areas
- You will bring broad knowledge of a range of people practices, including: Engagement, Performance Management, Talent & Succession, Organisational Design, Capability Assessment, and Diversity & Inclusion
- You will have good experience managing complexity and dealing with ambiguity
- You will have experience of influencing and coaching senior leaders and executives within the business, knowing when and how best to challenge
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
Company: Metro Bank (UK)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, Vereinigtes Königreich
Application Deadline: N/A