This Job Listing is about Mercer in Edinburgh,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
We are recruiting a Pension Administrator to join our team in Edinburgh
Note: You will need to attend the Edinburgh office at least twice a week so you must be within an easy commute of Edinburgh
What can you expect?
In this role you will:
- Perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- Enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- Promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
- Respond to errors and ensure complaints are handled effectively
- Be a champion of change and provide opinions if you have an idea to create more efficiencies
- Continuous achievement of 95% Service Levels for member processing and completion of scheme event processing in line with timescales agreed with the clients at the required level of quality.
What you will be rewarded with?
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- 25 Days Annual Leave, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year
- Excellent defined contribution pension scheme with up to 12% employer contribution (based on a 4% employee contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance
We will count on you to:
- Ensure that all procedures are followed when undertaking work for Members, Trustees and Clients across member and scheme processing.
- Ensure Errors and omissions and complaints are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and within appropriate timescales, through liaison with Administration Service Manager.
- Be flexible and adaptable to the work demands as advised by Manager (or Administration Service Representative).
- Be personally accountable for your contribution to the performance of the service delivery of your team and reporting progress on a regular basis.
- Learn how to perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data or answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events.
- Accurately record own time spent, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Consistently achieve a daily work in progress SLA, by prioritising/managingworkload so that cases are completed within disclosure and SLA requirements and show that have demonstrated commitment to cases to avoid breaching SLA.
What you need to have:
- Previous Pensions Admin experience with knowledge of DB pensions
- GCSE (or equivalent) completion in mathematics and English (grade C and above or Level 4/5+)
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about different schemes
What makes you stand out?
- Some Defined Benefits experience
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/.Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh,Scotland,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A