Website Page Personnel
This listing is about Page Personnel in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
- Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00 Shifts|Leading eCommerce & Distribution firm – multiple sites throughout the UK
About Our Client
Page Personnel Logistics has exclusively retained and partnered with a leading Fulfillment and Distribution firm in their search for a Warehouse Shift Manager based at their site in Leicester, operating across a weekday shift pattern.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Shift Manager will report into the Site Manager, leading a team of 15-20 permanent warehouse operatives. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 15-20 operatives + agency staff
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI’s, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse – 5S
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
Warehouse Shift Manager hours of works for this role will be (or similar):
Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 17:00
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Working within an eFulfillment or eCommerce environment would be highly desirable
- Have managed 20+ people and team leaders previously in a Warehouse / Distribution environment.
- Have 3+ years people management experience within a Warehouse / Distribution industry
- Have worked within an eCommerce / Fast paced / demanding environment previously.
- IOSH certified (desirable – at least an understanding or examples of being able to increase workplace efficiency and manage risk and resources)
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Have a proven track record in people management, people development and performance management with tangible examples.
- Be commutable to Leicester (Lutterworth, Coventry, Rugby, Hinckley, Nuneaton all commutable)
The successful candidate may have worked within a Senior Warehouse Supervisor, FLM, Shift Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Assistant Depot Manager, Operations Manager role previously.
What’s On Offer
- Salary – £30,000 to £34,500
- Company Holiday scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Plus additional company benefits
- Leicester, Coalville, Coventry, Rugby, Hinckley, Glenfield, Nuneaton all commutable
Contact: Mark Smith
Quote job ref: JN-062021-2932563
Company: Page Personnel
Job Location: Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com