Website Northern Gas Networks
This Job Listing is about Northern Gas Networks in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
TOTEX Site Manager (Network Maintenance)
Starting salary from £43,004 (in line with the Totex Site Manager Progression Framework)
Location: Thorpe Park, Leeds
TOTEX Site Manager incentive mechanism
Why Work at NGN?
At Northern Gas Networks, we are a community. We provide a supportive and fun working environment in our spacious offices with onsite parking provided. We embrace creativity and innovation as well as offering a range of learning and development opportunities to progress your career.
Since we started operating in 2005, We have led the way as one of the most cost-efficient of the UK’s eight gas distribution networks, reliably delivering gas to over 2.7 million homes and businesses.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
We value equality, diversity and inclusion at NGN and this is embedded in everything that we do. We will be delighted to hear from a diverse range of applicants, so we can continue to grow our mind-blowingly great team of people.
We are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant, helping ex-services personnel back into employment, as well as being members of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and we are committed to delivering our ‘Opportunity Action Plan’ having signed the Social Mobility Pledge campaign, whereby we will establish our business as a ‘force for good’ in the communities that we serve.
If you require adjustments to support in your application, we want to hear about how we can help. Any applicants that require reasonable adjustments throughout the selection process/further flexibility are able contact us directly to inform us of any additional support that is required.
The role of a Network Maintenance Site Manager is to build and develop the competencies, capacity and techniques necessary to deliver a healthy and safe workplace environment, excellent stakeholder experience and efficient workload delivery.
This role is a critical line manager position within NGN, reporting directly to the Operations Manager for the area.
The post-holder will be expected to contribute to the tactical direction of the NGN business generally and Site Operations specifically.
You will bring a passion for developing a team spirit with a mixed team of newly qualified engineers and highly experienced colleagues. This is your chance to develop a maintenance team fit for future challenges.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To build lasting and positive relationships with the customer and other stakeholders, while delivering high levels of efficiency will be major contributors to the Site Manager’s success.
- To contribute to the tactical direction of the NGN business.
- Monitor and manage health and safety both on-site and in the NGN offices and depots.
- Manage site operations, maximise efficiency while delivering excellent customer and safety performance. Ensuring that site activities are effectively delivered in line with NGN Policies and Practice and compliant to OFGEM statutory regulations.
- Ensure all sites are to be planned and prepared in readiness for commencement of work, while ensuring that resources are available at the right place and the right time.
- Proactively engage with customers, prior to, during and upon completion of all works ensuring expectations are met and exceeded
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints promptly and effectively in line with NGN Customer Complaints Standards of Service.
- To encourage a culture of continuous improvement and identification of innovative solutions.
- Embrace suggestions made by colleagues, ensuring ideas are implemented in a collaborative way.
- Engage regularly with colleagues to communicate the need for business change.
- Pro-actively manage performance issues, Sickness, Absence, Productivity, and Relationships.
- Communicate and engage with the appropriate stakeholders in advance of all works.
- Adopt a pro-active style of coaching to encourage personal ownership and development.
- To build and manage teams ensuring appropriate skills and competence (e.g. STC) are maintained and available for all works.
- Take an active role in the recruitment, selection and development of team members.
- Collaboratively work with auditors to ensure the highest possible standards of health safety and environment are delivered.
- Ensure all risk assessments are carried out in a timely fashion (before, during and on completion of projects).
- Ensure all equipment utilised is fit for purpose and sensitive to environmental factors.
- In collaboration with line manager carry out investigations as required.
- Incumbent will be expected to participate in the standby rota(s).
- Support Capital Projects delivery using your technical know how to support with NRO’s and commissioning activities.
- May be required to take part in shift patterns and standby rotas
- Understand the importance of the stakeholder in NGN.
- Sound understanding of safety working practices.
- Commercial aptitude for driving efficiencies and innovative.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of NRSWA [New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991].
- Full UK driving licence.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ideally have experience working on gas transmission systems and installations.
- Be willing to work towards an ILM qualification
- Ideally hold SCO 1, 2, 4, and 5
- Ideally be an Authorising Engineer or be prepared to develop towards this status.
What we Offer You:
- Salary from £43,004 (in line with the Totex Site Manager Progression Framework) – depends on competency, qualifications, skills and experience
- 41.25 hours per week, variable work pattern
- TOTEX Site Manager Incentive Mechanism
- £4,500 Company car/cash allowance
- 25 days annual leave (plus recognised bank holidays and 2 half days over the Christmas period)
- SSP for first 7 calendar days then occupational sick pay
- A generous stakeholder 5/10 pension scheme
- Flexible benefits and salary sacrifice options… from discounts on a variety of UK attractions, gym membership, restaurant discounts, experience days…and exclusive NGN discounts and much more!
- An array of fantastic family- friendly policies such as 6 weeks’ paternity leave (for eligible employees) and 6 months’ full pay for employees on maternity leave (for eligible employees), as well as shared parental leave and many more.
Our values are at the heart of what we do. In addition to your key responsibilities, you will incorporate these into the daily life of your role.