Website NHS Supply Chain
This Job Listing is about NHS Supply Chain in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Location: Carrwood Park, Leeds
Type: 12 months fixed term
Closing Date: Friday 7th October 2022
NHS Supply Chain have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join the team at Carrwood Park Leeds. The Assistant Buyer will be w orking within a dynamic trading team alongside internal and external stakeholders they will be responsible for the category management of transactional capital frameworks while supporting the buyer with the category management of strategic frameworks to ensure delivery of the NHS Supply Chain objectives. The role will provide stretch and exposure within a fast-paced public sector focused environment.
What does an Assistant Buyer do at NHS Supply Chain?
- Support the Buyer with category management responsibilities ensuring all agreed SLAs are met
- Generate and issue customer quotations and Unique Reference Numbers
- Manage the customer equipment replacement end to end process
- Prioritise a challenging workload, mitigating any impact to the customer
- Negotiate promotional pricing with suppliers and manage the relevant process
- Support with the development of Sourcing Strategies and the delivery of tenders in line with agreed timescales
- Ensure all relevant information is uploaded onto the NHS Supply Chain website
- Identify where customers can achieve savings opportunities and support with the delivery of them
- Attend arranged supplier meetings
- Arrange and attend demonstration days with customers/suppliers when required
Carrying Our Other Duties As And When Required
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
- Proven track record in fast paced commercial environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate (Microsoft office – including Outlook, Teams, Excel & Word)
- Have great organisational and time management skills
- Great eye for attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Stakeholder management experience
- Procurement experience desirable
How You’ll Work
As of now our offices are open, this role will be a hybrid working, 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 days at home as required.
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of
- Performance led annual bonus scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Generous contributory pension scheme (up to 12% of your salary)
- Flexible benefits scheme – you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits such Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection, Health Cash Plan, Dental Insurance and additional pension contributions that suit you
- 3 days paid Volunteering Leave
- Access to the Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts
- Flexible working options
- National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
We are part of the NHS family, managing more than 8 million orders per year across 94,000 order points and 17,465 locations. We deliver over 28 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually and our systems consolidate orders from over 930 suppliers. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
Our Priorities For 2021/2022 Focuses On The Following Areas
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do, we will ensure we continue to deliver the products and services needed by the NHS, both now and in the future.
- Customer : we will anchor our business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care and through continuing to build the services the NHS needs.
- Resilient : we will further strengthen the resilience of our supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance, across the end-to-end supply chain.
- Safe: we will deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Sustainable : we are committed to supporting the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system through reducing single use plastics, supporting the circular economy, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and improving human rights and labour standards.
- Efficient: we will ensure we have a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.
Supply Chain Coordination Limited acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products.
- SCCL is not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
- For more information on SCCL and the NHS Supply chain please visit: www.supplychain.nhs.uk
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer
SCCL is a company Registered in England and Wales, with company number 10881715, to act as the management function of the NHS Supply Chain.
SCCL values and respects the diversity of its employees and aims to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
SCCL reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be required to provide proof of ID and the right to work in the UK.