Website networx Recruitment Software Services
This Job Listing is about networx Recruitment Software Services in Northampton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Department: Crick Planning
Reports to: Planning Manager
Shift Type and hours: Average of 40 hours per week on a 5 on 2 off shift pattern (including at least one weekend shift)- start times between 8 – 10am with the flexibility to fit the needs of the operation where required.
We’re looking for a Senior Planner who can deliver excellent service to our customers through capable leadership of the Primary planning team at Crick, who can lead the transport plans at driving efficiency and constant improvements. After all, you don’t get to be one of the UK’s most loved retailers without exceeding customer expectations.
More About You
- Good attention to detail.
- Has effective time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate effectively and when to make decisions
- Can work as part of a team or autonomously as required.
- Has the ability to problem solve and apply lateral thinking as appropriate
- Understands the legal implications for Health & Safety on site
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to drive process improvements in line with transport/warehouse strategy and best practice.
- Able to demonstrate good man management skills
Diversity and inclusion are key, so you’ll be a role model encouraging all colleagues to be themselves at work while also recognising great performance and cheering on progress
More About The Role
- Accountable for reviewing the daily transport plan and implementing changes/improvements to daily plan.
- Manage, motivate and appraise the Planning team.
- Identify trends over time and implement appropriate changes for the future to support upcoming events
- Responsible for driver resource planning and unit/ trailer resources
- Responsible for the delivery of planning KPI’s in-line with targets
- Reviewing plan vs actual to deliver a consistent standard
- Responsible for gaining backhaul work from suppliers
Key Role Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with other departments and customers
- Review training requirements for colleagues and implement a proactive plan to maintain key skills and support our refresher program
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet competing demands
- Computer literate in all Microsoft packages and have used transport planning based systems (Enterprise, Paragon, Ortec etc)
Who We Are
We know that life is bigger than just your job and, while we can’t always accommodate every flexible working request, we do support part-time and job-share roles — so don’t hesitate to ask us how we can work around your availability.
One more thing: Sainsbury’s is a place for people who are open, kind and dedicated to doing better every day. Diversity and inclusion are key, so you’ll be a role model encouraging all colleagues to be themselves at work while also recognising great performance and cheering on progress.
Here at Sainsbury’s, we’re a proud equal opportunities employer that values diversity at every level of our business. Inclusion and Diversity are fundamental to our culture and values, fostering an innovative, collaborative and fast-paced work environment that means we can build a better future for our colleagues and our customers. Everyone is welcome at Sainsbury’s